Home

Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #25
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

um, i'm 99% sure "GM Mode" is just a revamped version of Dynasty mode from previous years that they gave a new name to

if you couldnt play the actual games that would be absolutely ********
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
um, i'm 99% sure "GM Mode" is just a revamped version of Dynasty mode from previous years that they gave a new name to

if you couldnt play the actual games that would be absolutely ********
You'd be correct. They built off of the sucess of Be A Pro and turned dynasty mode into a deeper, better detailed, more engaging experience. Just looking at some of the GM goals involve actually playing the games rather than just simming. It won't be like Head Coach in that regard at all. The meat and potatoes of the NHL series so to speak will still be the gameplay itself. The restructuring of dynasty mode is just a bit of icing on the cake.

Personally I'm liking what I'm seeing very much, its a feature that very well may get me more into the off season dealings of the real NHL having experiencing it in game in the way its presented.

Now hopefully all the other tidbits about GM mode from the HF write up can get confirmation one way or the other in the coming weeks.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmats
But kids shouldn´t play this game. If I dont remember it wrong, the age mark on the box (PEGI) is 16+. So it is no game for kids and it is the parents damn responsibility to control that their kids under 16 doesn´t play the game!

Edit: Confirmed that it is 16+ that is the age-mark for the NHL-games. (Just look at this screenshot and see the mark in the corner down to the left)
http://www.webhallen.com/pic_large.php?id=88522

So this is no game for kids. I dont understand why they should play a game that they are not allowed to play.

That's the European rating.

The North American rating for NHL 10 is E+10. Meaning for people over the age of 10.

I honestly don't know why its higher in Europe.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3
I just totally pre-ordered this game. So this is the new dynasty mode, that is amazing! The NHL series has been my favorite over the best few years, and this mode is making to be game of the year again!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #29
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
LOVING what I saw in that video. It totally took me by surprise. I had almost resigned to the fact that we were getting an outstanding game for gameplay every year, but that they simply weren't intersted in adding GM depth. Time will tell how well done this is, but it looks like a dramatic improvement!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5
They need to improve upon Dynasty AI as well. Also the stat engine needs to be revamped. It is unrealistic to only have one starting goaly in the NHL with a save % of higher than .900, and only have something like 6-8 goalies league wide even record a shutout. There are way too few shutouts, and too many players recording 100+ points. Seriously 12 players in one season with over 100 points? That is un freaking heard of. Need to fix.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

The EA blog has now been updated.

http://insideblog.easports.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game has quickly made itself a "must buy" for me. NHL 09 was one of my favorite games last year, but I wanted to see if I could make it a 2nd year with 09. So far, the changes are just too great for me to pass up on NHL 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »