Home

Platinum Czar Battleground: NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9 - Round 4

This is a discussion on Platinum Czar Battleground: NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9 - Round 4 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 28
I don't see live animations being "horrible robotic" they definitely aren't as smooth as 2K's, not by a long shot but they are not "complete trash" either. There are some nice contextual animations in the game that even 2K doesn't have. But live does need to smooth the animations alot. Some particular ones are pretty bad. Just picked up the game yesterday and I gotta say it's pretty good. Let me get a few weeks with it to give it a real judgement but so far not so bad.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Platinum Czar Battleground: NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9 - Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin333
Thanks Czar
great vid!
Thank you and Welcome to the OS BABY !!!! Great group of people in here... if you love sports and videogames this is the place to be.

JC and DUb I see you fam.

Art1 that was hilarious !!! I don't think they were THAT bad but they do need work.

Borns statement might be the biggest indicator to me that live is looking good. I remember you saying how you don't see how people have the time to deal with 2k games and get deep in each one.

So I KNOW live has to be showing you something for you to even consider it.

I'm very interested to see what 2k brings now that they have EA's full attention and that live's game might actually be comparable. Its one thing to be out front when your competitor is broken to the point of not truly being able to compete but it is quite another to trade leather when your opponent is actually in the same weight class.

should be interesting. The first videos for each company will be very telling.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Live's playcalling and AI intelligence(hello DNA) are stellar. If they build on that and fix the animations and certain art issues, it could be a very exciting year.

On 2k's movement: Though it is overall infuriating, it should be noted that holding L Trigger stops your player from animating randomly when dribbling on the perimeter.

I don't think we'll know what's what until the games drop. If both games build on their progress and plug holes from last year, we'll need the depth of experience to really know which is the greater game, or if either one is great at all. That's a good thing. The basic basketball should be well represented by both franchises. The practice modes, the associations, the online features, the onilne service(2k!!!!!) and the fun factor after hours of play will most likely determine the winner, more so than graphics and nuts and bolts gameplay this year.

If both games are great, I'll pick them both up. I'm a little nervous about what will happen to the community though. It'll be split four ways if both games are great. Ps3/Live vs Xbox NBA Live, PS3 2k vs Xbox 2k

The Sim community is going to have to step up! I need at least one great league to be a part of.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8
Bias vid and dude you must be nuts to even compare live to 2k9. Not even close. Gamplay to Graphics live is the worst basketball effort ever.

Like a earlier poster stated, the L trigger stops the movement. Also, your live vid shows how the ball doesn't even animate/touch the court. Everyone on live is skating. Please! end this crap!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #21
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Bias vid and dude you must be nuts to even compare live to 2k9. Not even close. Gamplay to Graphics live is the worst basketball effort ever.

Like a earlier poster stated, the L trigger stops the movement. Also, your live vid shows how the ball doesn't even animate/touch the court. Everyone on live is skating. Please! end this crap!
you havent been around here very long have you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF

Biased view. Dude go look at the previous 3 videos. 2K destroyed Live in every way. The Czar just tells it straight, no bias whatsoever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »