Home

NHL 2K10 Hi Res Screenshot (Lecavalier)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Hi Res Screenshot (Lecavalier) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K10 Hi Res Screenshot (Lecavalier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
What kind of logic is that? Even if the puck is the size of a frisbee, it'll be great; just listen to me, no worries.

The goalie masks in the game are too big and they're very noticable. Or are they fine and we should just trust you? And how big would they have to get before we should care? Breadbasket? Piano? House-size?
Do the big masks affect the gameplay enough for it to matter? I guess maybe if you shoot it to within an inch of his head that extra few centimeters/inches might deflect the shot. But let's be real here... how many times is that going to happen a season, let alone a game.

And the puck is not the size of the frisbee. It's incrementally bigger then it should be (though you can't even tell for sure with the angles).

Plus, when you're playing the game, you are not going to notice. Because we don't play with camera angles that are feet away from the players (otherwise you wouldn't be able to see what's actually going on on the ice). We play from a 3/4 view, side view, or whatever your preference is. It's going to look in proportion from that vantage point. And that's why I say it doesn't matter. Some things look strange from this up close shots, but we don't ever USE this angles except in replays. Certainly we do not while playing the game... which is all that matters.

And to answer your question, when the tiny size difference affect gameplay, that's when we should start to care. Which these won't, which is why I'm so quick to dismiss these minuscule differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 07-23-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

I wish 2k would post a screenshot of the puck flat in the middle of a faceoff dot so we can all break out our rulers and measure.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
And the puck is not the size of the frisbee. It's incrementally bigger then it should be
Which is exactly what I said. You're the one turning this into a huge issue, lol. Until you showed up, we were having a reasonable conversation about it.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Which is exactly what I said. You're the one turning this into a huge issue, lol. Until you showed up, we were having a reasonable conversation about it.
Tyler said it was, "HUGE" and others agreed that it was big, though it was also addressed that it's probably a depth or camera thing.

I posted saying who cares how big the puck looks, you won't notice it during gameplay camera angles (then proceeded to say how I hate screenshots because they create a bunch of fuss over things you won't notice during regular gameplay). I was the one downplaying the big puck issue [which it isn't], so I don't know how I made the conversation unreasonable or made it a huge issue. In fact, you're the one who challenged my statement by exaggerating how big the puck is [frisbee size] and then saying I wouldn't care if it was that big. I would care if that was the case, but it's not and it's not even close. It's incrementally bigger then it should be, which you just admitted it is. Then you exaggerate on a completely different subject [size of goalie masks, which are also incrementally disproportionate]. So I'd have to say you are the one instigating here, not me.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
Banned

EDIT: Forget it, lol.

Last edited by baa7; 07-23-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Do the big masks affect the gameplay enough for it to matter? I guess maybe if you shoot it to within an inch of his head that extra few centimeters/inches might deflect the shot. But let's be real here... how many times is that going to happen a season, let alone a game.

And the puck is not the size of the frisbee. It's incrementally bigger then it should be (though you can't even tell for sure with the angles).

Plus, when you're playing the game, you are not going to notice. Because we don't play with camera angles that are feet away from the players (otherwise you wouldn't be able to see what's actually going on on the ice). We play from a 3/4 view, side view, or whatever your preference is. It's going to look in proportion from that vantage point. And that's why I say it doesn't matter. Some things look strange from this up close shots, but we don't ever USE this angles except in replays. Certainly we do not while playing the game... which is all that matters.

And to answer your question, when the tiny size difference affect gameplay, that's when we should start to care. Which these won't, which is why I'm so quick to dismiss these minuscule differences.
LOL, great post. These things would never be noticed during gameplay.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #23
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Are you lot on crack , of course it will be noticeable if the puck is big.

Hopefully its the same size as 2k9.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #24
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Who cares how big the puck is. It'll look fine when you're playing the game, trust me.

This is why I hate screenshots. You get people to nit pick and bad mouth the game and when they actually play the game, you won't notice half of this crap. The only thing this shot is good for is to show off a new animation / feature (protect puck by shielding the defender using your body?) and to see the general graphics/models/faces.
i care, and so do a lot of people. Glad to see you dont personally care, but there are plenty that do. You're logic is extremely flawed, and you know what, i think 2k buys what you're shovelling most of the time with the same logic.

The game will play good, so who cares if the pucks are the size of my mother's meatloaf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »