Home

2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Feature List

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Dude, it's the game that matters, I don't care who makes it. If it's a quality game or just a hockey game in general, I will most likely buy it. I love the sport!
From the sound of things, neither does he. All he said was EA's BAGM looks good, and he isn't sure if 2K's franchise will be good enough to earn his money this year.

He's comparing features, not publishers.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Outstanding, sounds like big improvements all around for 2k10. Seems like my faith in VC will be rewarded.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Completely rewritten AI? WOW! I can't wait for this game.
Maybe every video sports game should be a 2 year project. Long live VC.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Completely rewritten AI? WOW! I can't wait for this game.
Maybe every video sports game should be a 2 year project. Long live VC.
Not to dash your hopes but they've said this before. I'm going to take a wait and see approach before getting all excited about it, but it is my #1 issue that totally needed addressing with this series. And it wasn't a 2 year project, 2k9 was just a bit rushed due to the developer change and Kush's closure.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
From the sound of things, neither does he. All he said was EA's BAGM looks good, and he isn't sure if 2K's franchise will be good enough to earn his money this year.

He's comparing features, not publishers.
Really?

Quote:
EA's GM MODE looks really good (dare I buy a game from a company I dislike???).
Maybe I misread it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #22
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Not to dash your hopes but they've said this before. I'm going to take a wait and see approach before getting all excited about it, but it is my #1 issue that totally needed addressing with this series. And it wasn't a 2 year project, 2k9 was just a bit rushed due to the developer change and Kush's closure.
No offense, but you could never dash my hopes. You can wait and see, but I'm over joyed at the feature list and I have no reason to doubt what they are saying about improvements. After seeing how the NBA series has improved year after year and the one year of 2k baseball, I have all the faith in the world that what we are reading is what we will get. I'm ecstatic to say the least. And it was a 2 year project, as I have read this several times. I'll have to take the word of the DEVELOPER on that one. I'm just saying. VC knows what they are doing when it comes to sports games.

From IGN:
"It's far too early to tell at this point, but that's exactly what 2K is going for with NHL 2K10. Don't worry, the game still looks the same (better, in fact) as far as style and realism, you've got every mode and option you expect from last year, but 2K as also mentioned that the company is essentially giving the true two year project it intended on back in 2007. Last year's game was fun and had a lot of options, but this is really a continuation off of that. If 2K9 was fun, but not quite there, it's because it was only half of the dev cycle in 2K's mind. As such, 2K10 is meant to be the fruits of two years of labor; not just a one-year quick fix update".

Last edited by Eddie1967; 07-24-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Until I see a video of the "new" franchise mode I fear that 2k will NOT be getting my hard earned money this year. EA's GM MODE looks really good (dare I buy a game from a company I dislike???).
I know this doesn't have anything to do with NHL2K, but I just have to say this. Now, keep in mind, I buy games from both companies, and for years I would exclusively play 2K sports games.

But... If you dislike EA that's fine, I guess. I used to despise them a few years ago. However, they're not the same company they were, and they've taken great strides to put out quality products, support small developers, create new IP's, and improve customer relations... instead of what they were doing which was milking the same IP's over and over and over again. I have a great amount of respect for EA because they're a big company, but they're doing what's best for the consumer, and what's best for the industry now.. and I respect it.

Anyhow, back on topic... I really hope 2K swings for the fences with this game. NHL 10 has me hyped, and I'm 100% buying that game. However, if 2K really steps it up and puts out a quality product like they have pre-2K9, I may have to buy that one too.

The features, I can't say I'm too excited about. The franchise blog seems pretty neat, but I hope the core gameplay got a lot of attention. And, obviously, anyone who's even seen 2K9 can tell that the graphics have indeed been upgraded.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

Question about online..so could 4 people on one xbox go online and play against 4 other human opponents?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »