Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

after reading the article the game seems to be shaping up nicely. The be a pro mode sounds like it was really done right and not rushed, that makes me excited about it.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
New animations tie directly into the signature style feature that the NBA 2K series has been working off of for years now--this year, the series is expanding the feature into something Jones likes to call "signature play." The essential addition revolves around improved player tendencies. This year, the team went out and partnered up with the NBA scouting service 82Games.com to provide detailed breakdowns on every team and every player in the league. The result is a better and more detailed understanding of how a player reacts at any point on the floor, with answers to such questions as, "Where does a player typically like to get the ball?" "When does he spot up?" "When does he post up?" The result, on the offensive side, is that players familiar with their team's individual tendencies will know how to best utilize them and where. On the other side of the ball, if you're facing up against Paul Pierce controlled by the AI, you'll know his tendency will be either to push in and shoot or try a pro step move. And, depending on your position on the floor, you'll know how to try to stop him.
WOOOO!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

It seems that they've added just about everything that people asked for.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow. I'm actually shocked that they got the D-League license. That's pretty crazy to me.

Golden State Warriors/Orlando Magic
Oakland A's
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #21
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Faces are very on-point (Wade looks a little off, but Rn and Rose look AMAZING)... still think Live looks better though. The jersey textures in that first
Wade shot are nice, though I don't think it really looks like a real-life Heat jersey.. looks more like those "shimmer" material b-ball shorts you buy for $15 at FinishLine.

But whatever, I don't care that much about visuals... waiting for real information.

Also, LOL @ the jerseys still not sitting on their shoulders... how long has that been a problem? Jeez... look at Artest with the tin foil shorts crinkle from 2K7..
Stumble, I think the 2k vs Live graphics debate is like a "Who's the hottest girl debate" as far as who looks better: People may have their preferences but would you be upset if you got stuck with one or the other?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #22
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
WOOOO!
Exactly! Luv Mist, Sage where are you two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

summer league - check
d league - check
draft class - check
career mode - check
player spacing - (alleged check)
82 games tendencies - check

and they say 2k doesnt interact with the community

(this thread is about to do numbers, i wish i could invest in thread stock)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, I'm confused. What looks so different from 2K9? Yeah I see that they added some different looks in the menus but the graphics look the same to me. Forgive me but I'm not all that excited about the new gimicky features. I want to see if the sliding is gone. I want to see if the online server actually works this year. I want to see if the AI actually rotates on defense instead of just standing around like a bunch of idiots. I want to see some physics and collision detection. (I know that's all gameplay related) I'm just not really impressed yet so the screenshots are a waste of time for me.

I can understand that they are trying to make it look like they are at different parts of the court but the players look like they aren't really standing on the court. It looks a little weird to me.

Just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »