Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Player Movement w/ Videos

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Player Movement w/ Videos within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
NBA Live 10 Blog: Player Movement w/ Videos

EA has thrown up another NBA Live 10 blog. This one talks about player movement.

Quote:
"It’s time to talk about NBA player movement. No, I’m not talking about this year’s crazy off season of free agency and trades (I still can’t believe how much the top teams improved). When I say player movement, I’m talking about the motion of the individual players on the court. It’s no secret that NBA players are some of the most graceful and fluid athletes in the world with their explosiveness, agility, and co-ordination.

Past versions of NBA LIVE haven’t been known for having the most fluid and authentic player movement. We wanted to change all that for NBA LIVE 10 and it all started with our new approach to MoCap. I’ll blog about that at a later date so I won’t get into details but I will say that we brought in a bunch of NBA talent to make sure we were getting the most authentic motion possible. It was critical that the guys we brought into the studio moved closer to what you’re used to seeing in real life.

So, when we were capturing movement we paid special attention to off ball motion, ball handling, and guarding the basketball. Our focus was on getting the off ball motion to a level where it was more believable and authentic than any basketball game on the market. We wanted to see the players in Live cutting to the basket, curling the baseline, spotting up for scoring chances, and spacing the court.

The videos below give you guys an idea of the type of animations that we put into LIVE 10."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PSP

Last edited by Kully; 08-07-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Embedded the youtube videos, added the blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live Blog: Player Movement in NBA LIVE 10

*SQUEAL*

Thanks EA for getting this up before I leave work... reading now.

THIS is why I always say that Live's movement is more solid than 2K's. Look at the precision on the cuts! So awesome... that would be a mess in 2K9. It's an improvement over Live 09, but I still felt that the L-stick movement was solid in that game as well:

Here's their big man handle for comparison... notice how much slower everything is, the extra dribbles, the weight:

"This year’s locomotion system puts the control in the hands of the defender to react quickly and move their feet to stay in front. It’s all about anticipation and knowing when and who to crowd and bump, and who to gap up and play positional D against."

Sounds great.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

cool!

videos don't work...
Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Marcus is this one of those three pieces of info?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

this looks great, but I thought we are getting a gameplay vid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Gameplay Videos next week

Im a little bit scared about the way the players move with the ball. Looks like "2K heavy animations but no control" to me.

The Off the ball movement looks sick though.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

well, here is our gameplay vids. It says at the bottom stay tuned for Mike Wang and gameplay videos next week.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is good news indeed. I might be getting both this year based just from the sense of player movement they have. However what woories me is that they all have the same step-back move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »