Home

NHL 2K10 Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: IGN gameplay videos

Developer Insights Coming, Starting Tomorrow:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #34
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Same corny old play by play script Bob Cole and Harry Neale style
I caught a few instances of repeated lines from that era but it's too early to tell - these videos don't give us enough.

Quote:
no replays on goals unless the guy playing skipped them
At least one of those goals had a replay on it. The capturer skipped over many things in the video including the Intermission Report I brought up earlier so I hope the presentation goes beyond what we saw.

Apart from those two points, I agree, there are many grey areas still left uncovered. Also the frequent one-timers and general novice play of the people playing doesn't help this game's case at all.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Overall I thought the clips were good and it is definitely an improvement over 2k9. What more can you say about the arenas and intros --- they are fantastic! The commentary needs more work, but it sounds more lively than last year. The graphic overlays are very cool too.

I know it was probably played on an easy skill level, but I do have some concerns about the AI. I can tolerate stupidity from the IGN player (I expect as much from them), but the CPU offense and defense AI was questionable. The d-men seemed to skate away from the puck carrier, and offensively there wasn't any setting up of an offense once in the zone. Hopefully this is due to the skill level they were on.

Looks a ton better than 2k9...keep these video coming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Developer Insights Coming, Starting Tomorrow:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/
Where does it say NHL I only see NBA?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

The game's looking good. I'm also very pleased that the 2K marketing team finally emerged from their cave and allowed some media to be released.

At this point, I have to echo TIm's comment about too many one-timers.
On Malone's, it looked like the pass was behind him but he still wound up and fired it from the wheelhouse.

I want one-timers to be hard. If the pass isn't perfect the one-timer should be highly inaccurate or at the very least cause force the player to re-adjust to scoop up the puck and negate the one-timer.

But there was a lot to like in there. There even seemed to be some decent neutral zone pressure.

It looked to me that this was a game of two human users playing one another. It would explain the one-timer happy fest. Or at least I hope it explains that.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #38
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Where does it say NHL I only see NBA?
There's an NHL button on the upper right hand corner of the window to the left of the NBA button. Cool to see that 2K is finally answering the call of the fans and going down EA's path of releasing information through blogs. I just hope these blogs are as substantial (or moreso) as the ones on EA's Inside Blog and not as shallow as the "developer diaries" we received in the past from 2K.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
There's an NHL button on the upper right hand corner of the window to the left of the NBA button. Cool to see that 2K is finally answering the call of the fans and going down EA's path of releasing information through blogs. I just hope these blogs are as substantial (or moreso) as the ones on EA's Inside Blog and not as shallow as the "developer diaries" we received in the past from 2K.
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
So we're getting 2k9 with awesome arena intro's and some snazzy "screen flashes" on goals.. Same corny old play by play script Bob Cole and Harry Neale style, still no replays on goals unless the guy playing skipped them, and the goalies look awful. I had said a few weeks ago that I was getting a 2k9 vibe from the early info and it seems I was right. 2k9.5 now with really awesome arena entrances.
Surprise, surprise, I actually have to agree with you on this one Realm. I've seen nothing but sharper graphics thus far in the vids. Gameplay, skating, and animations still look like 2k9 to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »