Home

MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9PM ET

This is a discussion on MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9PM ET within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9P

Just so everyone knows, TJ and I will both be on the show as well tonight.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygroove
That's the first thing I thought, what with the deep discounts given by other stores that are undoubtedly causing people to cancel preorders. Since EA and Gamestop have a thing going on lately, they might announce that Gamestop is getting a 2 day headstart...

then again, wouldn't that put a damper on their midnight sales? who knows.
This would be excellent news. Would also be great to see an anouncement that they are making the AFL jersey avail. for download...that would be great also, but I don't think that would really qualify for a "major announcement."
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

KOACHK's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon4 MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT &MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* @9ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Just so everyone knows, TJ and I will both be on the show as well tonight.
-Looking forward to having you guys on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAFL Commish
The EAFL is close to officially joining a partnership that will take us to yet another level. This will be announced tonight on The Madden Voice. Tune in to find out.
Special guests Gamer Graffix Founder/President/CEO Christopher White, Konsole Kingz Sports Community Manager Derrick "ButcherBlack" Baker, NJ KOTC's NJRod, LA KOTC's/MaddenPlayersUnited's A1, and EA Sports Dallas PlayStation Madden Challenge (8/8) Winner EAFL's Shodown, will also be joining us LIVE on THE MADDEN VOICE -Hosted by EAFLCommish, *TONIGHT* (8/11) at 9PM ET!

To listen, click on the link below:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheMaddenVoice

Remember! -THE MADDEN VOICE has officially changed it's URL to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheMaddenVoice on for both live and archived episodes. To find archived episodes of THE MADDEN VOICE on from now on, type in a search for "The Madden Voice" .

Show call-in phone number: (347) 838-9525
AIM: EAFLCommissioner
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/TheMaddenVoice
E-MAIL: [email protected]

-Don't miss out!!

To receive THE MADDEN VOICE newsletter, email "subscribe" to: [email protected]

To play in the EAFL Leagues, apply at: http://www.EAFLMadden.com/join.htm

Follow KOACHK on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/K0ACHK
@K0ACHK ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/K0ACHK
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
-Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I bet the announcement will be about the first patch. But I have no idea really, just a guess.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

The whole -"The EAFL is close to officially joining a partnership that will take us to yet another level. This will be announced tonight on The Madden Voice. Tune in to find out." -thing sounds like the announcement, and is nothing I care about at all. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #14

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Can't wait.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

The chance of the release date being bumped up is pretty slim. Both EA and Gamestop have a lot of advertising revenue already poured into the campaign for Friday and I imagine theres a bunch of special commercials that will saturate that broadcast on Thursday. I just checked the twitters of the devs and EA Sports, and they're all hyping up "3 days left" BS as of just an hour ago:

http://twitter.com/eamaddennfl

That being said, I hope thats what it is, but realistically I don't think its possible.

One bright spot is that I know for a fact a lot of Gamestops got their shipments today (my local did as Im friends with the manager), but again, it just seems highly unlikely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

If a new partnership is what the new announcement is, I will be disappointed. Unless it is a completely amazing partnership that will actually affect the game immediately (of which I can think of none).

I know that there is pretty much no chance of this happening, but letting stores sell the game early would make me extremely happy. Its more likely something to do with the first patch or something, though. Actually, they are probably just as likely to announce that they are cancelling the game as they are to sell it early, but whatever. I've always believed that stores should be allowed to sell games/music/movies as soon as they get them, and not have to wait for a release date.

I have a really cool music store near me that always releases things early, but I can't find any stores that are selling Madden early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »