Home

MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9PM ET

This is a discussion on MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9PM ET within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #17
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9P

Nice. I wonder what the announcement will be? Probably the new broadcast camera angle or something like that.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11
I bet the new announcement is that Madden 10 actually kinda sorta represents real life football.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9P

Sounds cool, might have to watch. I read some of you said franchise website is up, salary cap on OF, or broadcast camera but can you really call these major announcements. Maybe close but not major. The game coming out early is a major annoucement, or the one guy who said a parternship with another company would be a major annoucement. Although this is just my opinion
Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
Sounds cool, might have to watch. I read some of you said franchise website is up, salary cap on OF, or broadcast camera but can you really call these major announcements. Maybe close but not major. The game coming out early is a major annoucement, or the one guy who said a parternship with another company would be a major annoucement. Although this is just my opinion
I would look at salary cap/contracts for online dynasty a bigger announcement then the game being released early. 6 months from now what will have a bigger effect on the game?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohehn
I would look at salary cap/contracts for online dynasty a bigger announcement then the game being released early. 6 months from now what will have a bigger effect on the game?

Its def MAJOR for Leagues not trying to have 32 randoms in the mix, and are still trying to keep the CPU competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't see how it is so far fetched that they would release the game early. Like somebody said earlier, Gamestop is getting a little sting on all these copies that are being sold early. I'm sure it's not a huge sting. The ratio of people getting it early compared to those that don't have it isn't huge..but it still must be causing some lost sales nonetheless. And it's clear EA and Gamestop have a partnership.

And I don't really see the impact that advertising the game on Thursday night will really have. Aren't the people that are planning on buying the game already well aware of its presence and release date? I don't really think they are going to be getting new converts. After all, only true NFL fans (and fans of the teams involved) will be watching a pre-season game where the starters will be in for about one series.

Anyways, this would classify as a major announcement in my view. Is a new camera angle, salary cap in online franchise, or patch details really a major announcement?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2

I"m gonna take a shot in the dark here and guess It is going to have something to do with the Franchise Online Web tools being released or something.

I really hope it is the release date being pushed up, but as another poster put it, thats probably not gonna happen.

Nonetheless, i'll be listening!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
"Major announcement" is a relative term.

If the game was coming out early, EA wouldn't be all over twitter hyping the "3 day countdown" (as of minutes ago) and there would likely be a press release to the stores, which we'd hear about really quickly. Its easily EA's biggest game of the year and an early release date likely wouldnt be exclusived to a "fan site/podcast/community thing".

The amount of money put into this launch is on the level of major films.

I'd be stunned if they bumped the release date up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »