Home

NBA Developer Insight: NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, Part I

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insight: NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, Part I within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: First 2k Developer Insight: NBA2k10 Draft Combine

One thing that got me thinking. This comes out as early as August 26th. Taking that in mind, does that mean that gameplay for 2K10 is finished? With all the new adjustments(different types of players, more sig shot spots to change, etc.), I find that it would be hard to not have a complete gameplay version of 2K10 running on this.

I know it says you get the core gameplay of it, but what would be missing out of the gameplay? I would think that if someone buys this, albeit it only being 5 bucks, and doesn't like the gameplay, then that may sway someone whose on the shelf about this game to not buy it. I'm going to buy these both because this is only 5 bucks and I can't stand playing Live (I don't really get the fascination over Live, but I don't want to get into one of those), but I have been a 2K guy since the first one on Dreamcast came out.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane0087
I still am not clear is this just a way to gain bonus points before entering My Player or do you need download the Draft Combine in order to access My Player? I am leaning towards the notion that this is just a way to get our hands on 2K10 and boost up your player in the process.

The other thing is I wonder how hard it is going to be to create a Dirk type player the way that Simballer made it sound was that it is going to be way to hard to attempt, but nonetheless I will probably attempt it.
I'm guessing there is a different thing for the "My Player" on 2k10. Maybe you don't get to do the scrimmages or as many drills or something, making it harder to be drafted?

And I'm skeptical on how hard it really will be to make a Dirk type of player, or even a rebounding point guard. Being able to play with your player online to gain points, I'm thinking it'll just be time consuming, and not really that hard to achieve. It'll be fun to make a player like that though.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
One thing that got me thinking. This comes out as early as August 26th. Taking that in mind, does that mean that gameplay for 2K10 is finished?
Yes.

Both Live and NBA2K10 are pretty much finished at this point.

Both dev. teams are probably just testing the games for bugs and any other issues.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

About what I expected. I still would like to get a confirmation that the player creator in the Draft Combine is the same that will be in game for NBA 2k10.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #21
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Cdiddy usually when someone says I've been a 2k guy since dreamcast its supposed to be followed up with a good ol 2k bashing...so you're doing it wrong lol

Hmm when I read that its goin to be the core gameplay does that mean 2k is not going to release a demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Yes.

Both Live and NBA2K10 are pretty much finished at this point.

Both dev. teams are probably just testing the games for bugs and any other issues.
Thanks, I kinda figured it since a game usually goes "Gold" about a month or two before it comes out, which means it will go Gold soon. It just got me thinking when he also said "to get their hands on core NBA 2K10 game play"

Lol and I know that usually a 2K bashing comes along, but now really isn't the time and place for that.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

So when your "Player" gets drafted is it going to be in the 10-11' season??
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4life
So when your "Player" gets drafted is it going to be in the 10-11' season??
Hasn't been said yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »