Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #25
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Overall fun game.
That's what it's all about, son. You can analyze, break down and nit-pick the hell out of a game in minute detail, but it all comes down to this: Does it keep you coming back for more?

Madden 09? I felt like smashing the disc into a thousand pieces after just three or four games.

Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES, circa 1991-92, is primitive compared to today's sports games, but the fun factor was off the chart.

I'm hoping I'll find Madden 10 to have that same enjoyment level.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7
Great review
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #27
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

It would be a 9 if gameplay were exceptional and the other areas such as franchise had the nagging issues. However, people will tire quick with the core gameplay bugs which is the meat & potatoes of any sports game. I think somewhere between 8.5 to 8.8 is more fair.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #28
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
nice review, however i disagree about the simulation / franchise stats. people have confirmed that the tackle stats are flawed and there's some sort of glitch. tackle assists are not being counted towards total tackles and it's resulting in lower tackle stats.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28
I wouldn't give it a C+. I would say a B, but your assessment is correct. In order to get a 9.0 you need to go above and beyond. This game now just fixes the crap that was the last 4 iterations. Needless to say, fixing the crap was a MASSIVE undertaking, and there are still some stains left. However, I think with a couple of patches (assuming they want to fix things and make them better via the patches), and another effort next year like this year, Madden should be WOWING us. Then it gets over that hump. Right now, as it stands, a great effort by the new leads to turn it around, and laying the groundwork for a phenomenal simulation of NFL football in the near future.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #30
Rookie

RiversIsMyHero's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree about the pursuit angles, they are surprisingly bad (especially if you're holding A for defensive assist). I don't remember this being a problem in 09?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #31
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPESQUAD V3NOM
i give it as a 9.5...there are still sum stuff dat they need to improve on..but i cnt stop playin this game i love it....
I feel the same way, I just can't stop playing it. Especially that now the sliders actually work, that's all I think about at work..lol

That being said, I wouldn't give the game anything above a 9. They still have a lot of work to do, but this is a GREAT foundation to work on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #32
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great Review...I think it needs to be stated that if Madden can pass 2K5's Presentation, they own the title. Hands Down...but they need to change that Extra Point because it is pretty awful. Nice touch but not the needed effort! But I fully support a 9/10!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »