Home

Rugby League 3 For Nintendo Wii Announced (Press Release)

This is a discussion on Rugby League 3 For Nintendo Wii Announced (Press Release) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Rugby League 3 For Nintendo Wii Announced (Press Release)

SYDNEY, Australia – August 14, 2009 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development of Rugby League 3 for Nintendo Wii™, by leading games developer Sidhe. The game continues the highly successful “Rugby League” franchise, which is amongst the highest selling franchises of all time in Australasia.

“We are extremely pleased to be publishing a new Rugby League title with such fresh features, content, and innovations across the board,” said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “Rugby League 3 is a significant and worthy addition to the franchise”.

The features and content of “Rugby League 3” include:

- Visceral Wii Remote motion controls bring the physicality of Rugby League into your living room

- 80+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, Toyota Cup, UK Championship, UK Championship 1, State of Origin, City v Country and internationals

- 38 stadia from Australia, New Zealand, UK and France

- Team level gameplay features including defensive line
controls, attacking strategy selection, team confidence, and AI support play

- Build a champion team in the Multi-year Franchise Mode including advanced player management, Dally M Player of the Year and Man of Steel, club records and optional manual rep selection

- Create and customise players, teams, and competitions

- Broadcast style presentation with enhanced replay angles, match highlights, and in-game commentary from Channel Nine’s Andrew Voss

“The production team has been able to leverage significant past experience and extensive feedback from consumers in the development of this title” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “As a result, Rugby League 3 takes the series to new heights, delivering a richer, deeper and more immersive experience than ever before.”

Rugby League 3 is expected to be released for Nintendo Wii in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France in Q4 2009. More information about the game can be found at http://www****gbyleague3.com
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Rugby League 3 For Nintendo Wii Announced (Press Release)

Man they need to make 360 and PS3 versions.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
AMEN stizz
I have been waiting too long for Rugby. Just imagine how sick it could look next gen. I am still playing Rugby 06 for the original XBOX
Old 08-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Tigerman23's Arena

OVR: 4

Why in the world would they make a Rugby League game??? Rugby Union is the superior form.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman91587
AMEN stizz
I have been waiting too long for Rugby. Just imagine how sick it could look next gen. I am still playing Rugby 06 for the original XBOX
I play it once and a while as well. I hate the glitch on the 360 were all the player's turn into black silhouettes once they go into the right 22 though. The madden engine with the pro-tak seems perfect for a new rugby game, we could finally have proper rolling mauls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
Man they need to make 360 and PS3 versions.
I reckon. The RLWC game they released was just a rehash of the previous version. And it was crap to start with

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

this is great news!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17

The previous games were terrible. They weren't much more than an update to the old EA Genesis/Megadrive game (different devs/companies, I know) in terms of the bad AI and slide from the left side of the field to the right (and back and forth) gameplay.

Like I said in the Ashes Cricket thread, these types of games are so much lower quality than the typical 2K or EA sports game.

Which is such a pity for the football fans. Imagine being an NBA or NFL fan and only getting the choice of 1 crap game every few years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »