Home

NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Things that would be nice to see next year:

hitting
forechecking/defensemen handling the puck
an organized crash, not dumps against numbers
more defensive alignments aside from 0-0-5
slap shots people fear enough to come out and defend against
a wrist shot saved
people not diving against wrist shots

The Regulators forwards looked overaggressive a lot of the time while the Cobraz mechanically surrounded the puck carrier. This wasn't a pretty match up.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

lack of a forecheck is a major problem in the game. the good teams realize that unless you're right on top of the puck initially, forechecking is pointless barring a dumb mistake by a defenseman.

strange coincidence that the only 2 periods they didn't post videos for were the periods where 60% of the goals in the series were scored.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
I've noticed more and more that if there is an human controlled goalie the quick shot against the post is a "go to" goal for glitchers. For some reason the goalie (even hugging the post) can't seem to stop the puck. It kinda goes right through the pads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

that was some UGLY hockey if i ever saw it.

i skipped '09 but if that is the level of online play, someone sign me quick to their team, i will destroy that, lol
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

no you wouldn't. good team defense makes the game look ugly, although i thought both teams didn't shoot the puck enough. plus i'm not convinced the nhl regs would have even been a top100 team on the xbox.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Tgalv is right. One thing both of these teams did was play really good D. It seemed there were hardly any good shot opportunities.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
lol how would they fix that?
Easily by eliminating the cheese goals (cross crease and side net cheese).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
lack of a forecheck is a major problem in the game. the good teams realize that unless you're right on top of the puck initially, forechecking is pointless barring a dumb mistake by a defenseman.

strange coincidence that the only 2 periods they didn't post videos for were the periods where 60% of the goals in the series were scored.
Hopefully with board play in NHL10 the dump and chase works. That team had a tough 5 man formation at the blueline. So many teams in the EASHL did that and it was really tough to get through consistently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »