Home

NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: G4TV Video Preview

looks very nice. I just wish EA would incorporate signature styles into their game. It would go a long way towards making it more authentic.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: G4TV Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Watching videos can only do so much at this point. I can't wait to try the game out for myself.
I'm with you! So ready for a demo...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV)

I'm worried that this game will look and sound too much like NHL '09 after watching that video. I realize it ought to be improved, but will it really be a standout game?

I guess we'll have to wait and see for now, but that concerns me a little. Has BAP been improved at all? Does the 'battle for the cup' mode transition into your dynasty as well and bring the excitement that it claims?

Like other EA titles it seems like more effort is being put into new game modes rather than trying to perfect the current gameplay first and then making additions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

I have to say after watching 2K's vids that the players in NHL 10 don't appear to be skating. More like they're gliding or flying as they don't even appear to be touching the ice surface. I suppose the reason has to do with the complete lack of player momentum.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I'm worried that this game will look and sound too much like NHL '09 after watching that video.
That's exactly what crossed my mind after watching this particular video for whatever reason. Same old same old gameplay. What's actually changed here?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's exactly what crossed my mind after watching this particular video for whatever reason. Same old same old gameplay. What's actually changed here?
Boardplay for one, less tape to tape passing with the proper slider settings for another. Tender inprovements for a third. Much like I won't jugde 2k10 until we see the game with proper slider settings, I would hope people don't judge NHL10 for the same reasons.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I have to say after watching 2K's vids that the players in NHL 10 don't appear to be skating. More like they're gliding or flying as they don't even appear to be touching the ice surface. I suppose the reason has to do with the complete lack of player momentum.
I noticed this too. It's almost the floaty running you see in madden. 2k appears to have improved the skating really well this year compared to the EA videos. One reason why I'm renting NHL 10 to make sure it has improved as much as 2k10 has.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Boardplay for one, less tape to tape passing with the proper slider settings for another. Tender inprovements for a third. Much like I won't jugde 2k10 until we see the game with proper slider settings, I would hope people don't judge NHL10 for the same reasons.
The inclusion of manual passing is one improvement, yes. But if it doesn't apply to the CPU, and if the CPU still carries the puck up the ice via tape-to-tape passes, then there's not too much to get excited about with that feature IMO. As for boardplay, we'll see. I have this feeling it's implemented in the same way Madden implements tackling: basically two players stuck together in a some preset animation, with no possibilty of seeing an actual physics and momentum-based scrum.

Last edited by baa7; 08-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »