Home

NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 10 Video Preview (G4TV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I noticed this too. It's almost like the madden glide. Like they are on a swivel. 2k does seem to have the skating done really well this year compared to the EA videos. One reason why I'm renting NHL 10 to make sure it's improved as much as 2k10 has.
The skating animations in 2K aren't to my liking. But the lack of player momentum in NHL 10 is really starting to show in comparison to 2K10. A next-gen game in its fourth year of development should have a substantial player momentum system programmed into it, bottomline. I would have thought it would be a priority this year given how critical it is to sim gameplay. Very puzzling game development non-decision -- similar to The Show and it's complete lack of collision detection.

Last edited by baa7; 08-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
The inclusion of manual passing is one improvement, yes. But if it doesn't apply to the CPU, and if the CPU still carries the puck up the ice via tape-to-tape passes, then there's not too much to get excited about with that feature IMO. As for boardplay, we'll see. I have this feeling it's implemented in the same way Madden implements tackling: basically two players stuck together in a some preset animation, with no possibilty of seeing an actual physics and momentum-based scrum.
Littman has said they removed ALL of the 2 skater animations this year and you can actually shuffle around a player while he's on the boards. Meaning the pinner can move to either side dependant on where the puck is to try and dig it out and gain leverage. Its not a static animation like it is in 2k's game.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

NHL 10's boardplay is not static. You can move your player while against the boards.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: G4TV Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So ready for a demo...
Beyond ready.

I check in every day to see if info is out about the demo date. Damn...nothing yet. Can't wait to get out my, tied in knots 100' long ether net cable.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Beyond ready.

I check in every day to see if info is out about the demo date. Damn...nothing yet. Can't wait to get out my, tied in knots 100' long ether net cable.
I'm hopeful for this week. Course its all dependant on when MS cert got the demo build and weather or not they plan to sit on it for an extra week or two like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Beyond ready.

Long cable huh...thats the route I'll be going as well. How's that workin for ya???
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Long cable huh...thats the route I'll be going as well. How's that workin for ya???
The router is in our basement, and my console is in one of our second story bedrooms. So yeah...it's quite a stretch. It's a bit of a hassle OBG....but it works fine.

I thought about getting the remote antenna you rook up to the 360. But I just don't trust my 360 enough to sink another $100 into it, to cover the cost of the antenna. I can't wait to get out that twisted mess of cable.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #24
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
The router is in our basement, and my console is in one of our second story bedrooms. So yeah...it's quite a stretch. It's a bit of a hassle OBG....but it works fine.

I thought about getting the remote antenna you rook up to the 360. But I just don't trust my 360 enough to sink another $100 into it, to cover the cost of the antenna. I can't wait to get out that twisted mess of cable.
Hehe...100 feet is quite a stretch. I only need about 50 feet to get the job done.

I too look forward to the hassle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »