Home

NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Combine trailer is up

Color me IMPRESSED!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Seeing the CPU Dwight Howard hit a fadeaway three in the live demo pretty much sold me. And like what was said earlier, NBA Live has done the same type of videos with their "dribbling", "rebounding", etc. and still can't come close to 2K. I'm not going to make this a 2K vs. Live comparison, but I can't see how people can enjoy Live when this high of quality game is out there. Anyways, the video looked so fluid, along with the animations. They may be piling animations on top of animations, but maybe Live should take that into effect. Make one solid, but some flawed product (2K6) and build off of that. Live keeps "redesigning" their game each year which causes the same problems 2K6 would have, but they keep repeating themselves. Also, the videos of Live are probably around 90-95% of what the final game will be. The Combine game is what they called "NBA 2K9.5" I'm going to wait to agree with that until we see actual gameplay footage, but Live did get 2K's best developer. Maybe he can start to lead them on the right path
Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

makes live look like a bunch of stick men moving around !!! lmao !!
good job so far 2k !!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #28
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Seeing the CPU Dwight Howard hit a fadeaway three in the live demo pretty much sold me. And like what was said earlier, NBA Live has done the same type of videos with their "dribbling", "rebounding", etc. and still can't come close to 2K. I'm not going to make this a 2K vs. Live comparison, but I can't see how people can enjoy Live when this high of quality game is out there. Anyways, the video looked so fluid, along with the animations. They may be piling animations on top of animations, but maybe Live should take that into effect. Make one solid, but some flawed product (2K6) and build off of that. Live keeps "redesigning" their game each year which causes the same problems 2K6 would have, but they keep repeating themselves. Also, the videos of Live are probably around 90-95% of what the final game will be. The Combine game is what they called "NBA 2K9.5" I'm going to wait to agree with that until we see actual gameplay footage, but Live did get 2K's best developer. Maybe he can start to lead them on the right path
So you're judging Live from a youtube video that consisted of Rookie difficulty and the user running around with his head cut off?
Nice

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow, Signature styles are gonna be crazy this year, can't wait.

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #30
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
There is no way you could perform a cone drill like that in 2k9..no way. I know you have to play it 1st but the second 2k shows some videos that indicate they may have changed things for the better people say they don't believe them and they will need to play it 1st. If that will be your stance everytime they post vids, why should they even bother? You will not be able to play till October 6th.

I mean you know disrespect Stumble..
Well until they give us a real video, not a trailer, that'll be my stance, which is perfectly reasonable given how disappointing 2K9 was for me. I had the same skepticism about Live, but they're provided a TON of information over the last 2 months and 95% of it has eased my mind and I get the indication that it will be a good-to-great game this year. The movement looks better from that 2 second clip of the cone drill, but again, it's a developer video -- they're not gonna show a guy skittering past the cones and spinning in place like he would have in 2K9. Gotta apply a common sense lens to some of these things as well as a critical eye.

No offense taken. I think everyone should be looking at the videos with a skeptical eye though, since every 2K game on next-gen has these buttery animations but have performed to varying degrees of success when it comes to the final product... animations don't mean it's a great game. People who loved 2K9 are probably in heaven watching these vids, but 2K9 was incredibly disappointing to me.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-21-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

the animations are so fluid and these are just created players.... i think i saw a alley-oop layin that was nice...the trailer overall didn't really tell us anything we didn't know already but it was nice to delve a little deeper...i think... no i hope this is the last video on the combine so that we can finally get to the meat and potatoes cause 2k is really squeezing every last drop of marketing this combine and i'm kinda getting tired of it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddawg60
makes live look like a bunch of stick men moving around !!! lmao !!
good job so far 2k !!
Whats the real issue here is this isnt even NBA2K10. Its like 9.5 as 2k10 will be different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »