Home

NHL 2K10 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Screenshots within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #33
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
LOL, I guess what's shameful are the fans who support them without demanding changes to an important part of the game. Remember "if it's in the game, it's in the game". I guess they are smart for not doing it if it saves them money, but without that they will never get fans like me who like the presentation side and little things of sports to like their game.
I like presentation too.. but again, in franchise mode.. there were NO intros in 2k's game, just players skating onto the ice and the commentary was nothing close to EA's.

You say EA spent no money on arenas.. what about 2k spending money on good commentary?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ashamed.. lol... uh.. ok...
I laughed too when I saw that particular word, but he has a point nonetheless. It's pretty bad when they don't bother to change a single thing with the presentation from one year to the next. And given it's been four years with what amounts to the identical presentation, I think it's more than fair to say they are slacking off in that area of the game's development, big time.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots

I don't know what it is about 2K animation, but there are some amazing animations and some not so hot! But it just feel more real. The skates look like they are digging into the ice. The player faces look better than EA's at least to me. When I was playing the demo. When the teams did their hand shakes, some of the players faces were very odd looking. I think they took a hit this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 47

The Arenas in 2K10 do put EA's to shame. And it is not even close.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #37
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I laughed too when I saw that particular word, but he has a point nonetheless. It's pretty bad when they don't bother to change a single thing with the presentation from one year to the next. And given it's been four years with what amounts to the identical presentation, I think it's more than fair to say they are slacking off in that area of the game's development, big time.
Yeah that was the wrong word to use I admit. It's not like EA hockey is a bad game. I could play it long term if it were the only choice but with the competition it's just not my cup of tea. Saving money is cool, but why not make the game the best it cold be in all areas. They should at least attempt to improve the presentation. Maybe not to the level of 2k (although that would be nice), but at least have the real arena's. I swear I want to have the problem of choosing between two hockey games or playing both, but until they do that I just can't see myself investing the time and money for that game. I think the demo is fun by the way but the subpar presentation really takes away from an otherwise good product.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #38
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I don't know what it is about 2K animation, but there are some amazing animations and some not so hot! But it just feel more real. The skates look like they are digging into the ice. The player faces look better than EA's at least to me. When I was playing the demo. When the teams did their hand shakes, some of the players faces were very odd looking. I think they took a hit this year.
For a long time I always thought EA's game looked better and maybe it did in the past but like you said that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. EA's graphic look like they took a step back this year.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #39
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I like presentation too.. but again, in franchise mode.. there were NO intros in 2k's game, just players skating onto the ice and the commentary was nothing close to EA's.

You say EA spent no money on arenas.. what about 2k spending money on good commentary?
Yeah that sucked last year. There is no point in having intros if they are only for the playoffs. I would be highly disappointed if they did that this year. I like the commentary in 2k, but I understand it's not for everybody. EA's announcers definitely "sound" better but i don't their lines are any better, if that makes sense. I'm all for both games going all out to improve their weak areas.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #40
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
The 12 awards thing is purely PR. I also think that it is a combined 12 awards from 08 and 09 plus I'm willing to bet that there are some wonky websites that gave them awards, but in this instance EA doesn't care because it is a great PR line.

And regarding sales numbers, I was not trying to make a case that because EA has better sales numbers they have a better game. I was trying to demonstrate to Baa that, from a fiscal standpoint, given limited funds to allocate each year, EA's decision to invest more heavily in gameplay has paid off, due to their overwhelmingly positive sales numbers compared to 2K, who according to some, has a better presentation.

I am happy that the 2K game appeals to you and hope you get enough enjoyment from it to justify your purchase. The reason I posted a couple of times in this topic is because I took issue with careless comments that displayed nothing but unabashed vitriol for seemingly no other reason but to hate. I am no loyalist by any means. I will give the 2K game a chance, like I do every year, when the demo comes out. Additionally, I do not think I am defending a particular company. I think I am making certain individuals aware of careless statements they make, in order to promote fair, intellectual discussion on a hobby we all enjoy.
Great post. I'm still playing the EA demo because the game play is good. I'm trying my hardest to give this game a "fair" chance this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »