Home

NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This past hockey season was a tough one for me since my beloved Red Wings choked away a chance at back to back Stanley Cups. In addition to that unfortunate moment in history, one of my all-time favorite sports-gaming franchises, NHL 2K9, was still struggling to find its way. But with a full development cycle under their belt, the developers at Visual Concepts will hopefully deliver an impressive game in 2009. All right, now let's get to it.

Read More - NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3
This preview should be taken down for the sheer amount of falseties it contains... Controls not like EA? VC has copied EA control scheme last year and this year it's still in there - LS controls movement, RS controls dekeing and shooting. Online? 2K10 may not have something like EASHL, but what EA lacks is having the possibility to play ALL modes online. They also don't have the possibility to play Franchise games online or to post the results to your own Franchise Blog on the 2Ksports Community site. Too many one-timers? Instead of watching the IGN videos where two Arcade Pinball fans are playing NHL 2K10, you should watch Gamespot's Preview where someone who DOES know how to play hockey is playing it.

This preview = FAIL.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Yep I couldn't agree more: fail. The worst of this article isn't contained in the "what's not" section though. Let's face it, something's completely wrong when you break your positive expectations about NHL 2k10 into these three elements: "Graphics and presentation" (surface) "Winter Classic" (detail) and "Social networking" (no comments).
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
agree with the above comments. terrible preview and not what you would expect from OS!!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

I totally agree. This was a terrible review. Who is this person? Is he with O.S?

To be honest I stopped reading it when it talked about he got his information on one timmers from the online vids.

Last edited by Scottdau; 08-25-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Now I have been a made some complaints to 2k for not giving us any real info.. However, this preview was really bad and I hope you will take it down, Especially going by what you saw for the info so far. With NHL10, Flyermania should be the one to write it because if I'm not mistaken he played a Beta over the weekend. This is NOT the "OPERATION SPORTS" I know...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

Seriously... The EA preview talks about gameplay enhancements, goalie improvements and added game modes as "What's hot". Why not have the same things for NHL 2K10? Why not mention how the developers have rewritten the AI code from the ground up as a postive? Why not talk about Signature Styles being tied in to player attributes so as to differentiate one player from another as a positive? Why not mention how the Wii version will have every single feature the Next-Gen versions will have as a positive?

Operation Sports? More like "Operation EA Sports"...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
I agree with everyone else. Compared to Chase's extensive rundown of NBA 2K10 a few days ago, this quick look at NHL 2K10 is horrid by comparison. I have a feeling the author didn't have a hands-on look at the game himself because most of these assessments can be made by looking at screens, basic fact sheets or videos.

Someone with actual hands-on impressions needs to post something like this because it doesn't let us know what this game really has going for it (and against it).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »