Home

NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
Rookie

Nightbird248's Arena

OVR: 18
I totally agree with what Venom has said in his 2 posts here an to the preview person, get your facts straight before hand. You should have gone to 2ksports an read the 4 an later today will be 5 developer insights they have up about this game on top of the Gamespot video Venom mentioned.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Nightbird248's Arena

OVR: 18
Here is a bit of info preview person that you may not know about or didn't bother to go look for on the net an all I did was go to another website to get it.

NHL 2K10 redefines the sports gaming experience with a new emphasis on social gaming. Whether you're a die-hard NHL fan or a casual player, NHL 2K10's pick-up-and-play controls, true-to-life authenticity and variety of on- and off-line multiplayer modes promise hours of entertainment for any gamer. Among the new features that will make this the must-have hockey game of the season include:

* New Gameplay Mechanics - Completely rewritten AI, enhanced defensive controls and stick lifts, stumble shots, a new defensive skating model and new incidental contact and small animation systems

* Enhanced Presentation - All-new rink intros for each arena, improved goal celebrations, enhanced visuals, and greatly improved, true-to-life character models, with San Jose Sharks commentators Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda returning with new broadcast commentary

* Improved Franchise Mode - NHL 2K10 features a new contract/free agency system, improved roster management, an updated financial model, dynamic player progression, and fantasy drafts

* New Franchise Co-op Play - Play a franchise season game with or against a friend on- or offline, or play a traditional game against the CPU

* Franchise Blog / 2KSports.com Integration - Publish your franchise stats and standings, and upload game highlights and screenshots to your personal page at 2KSports.com

* Enhanced Online Modes - New seamless online integration connects players in Team Up games, tracks your progress with My Player Card, and offers full league, leaderboard, tournament and 2K Share support

* Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode

Wii SPECIFIC FEATURES:

* New Control Scheme - Choose between fun, easy-to-use Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls and Sideways Wii Remote support, or plug in a Wii Classic Controller for three ways to play

* Full Online Modes - For the first time, enjoy full online support for Wii, including multiplayer and multi-console match-ups, downloadable rosters, online leagues, tournaments, leaderboards and Team Up mode featuring persistant created teams and regular Pick-Up Games

* WiiMotion Plus and WiiSpeak Support - Enjoy online voice chat capabilities via WiiSpeak and precise one-to-one control with WiiMotion Plus
Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM2099
Seriously... The EA preview talks about gameplay enhancements, goalie improvements and added game modes as "What's hot". Why not have the same things for NHL 2K10? Why not mention how the developers have rewritten the AI code from the ground up as a postive? Why not talk about Signature Styles being tied in to player attributes so as to differentiate one player from another as a positive? Why not mention how the Wii version will have every single feature the Next-Gen versions will have as a positive?

Operation Sports? More like "Operation EA Sports"...

VeNOM2099,
I take exception to you saying Operation EA sports. This site probably has the best reviewers on here.. In fact most of the time I may want to buy a game I wait for the review from these guys... Don't come on here and bash the site.. While I agree this never should have been a preview, I do blame 2k sports for not getting us any info.. Even on the developer insights we got no videos showcasing what they were talking about... This is a site that the Mods take pride in... I would hope OS removes that preview until they actually played the game.

Last edited by TIm; 08-25-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Adding at the end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3
Really, it had to be said though. My meaning was to emphasize the difference between the EA preview, which has factual information, while the 2K preview is mostly made up of conjecture and assumptions.

I do agree with you that the developer has been very poor in giving out information as of yet on the game. But that's no reason to just make up stuff either. And as pointed out, there is quite a bit of info on the 2Ksports site's Developer Insights.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Easy all. Did you all happen to take a look at our hands on preview we did a few weeks back?

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=81

The Hot or Not is not meant to be a full preview of the game- it is meant to be a quick synopsis on some of the games high and low points. This was never meant to be an in depth preview- that is what the above linked article was.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #14
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3
Forgot to add: I've always looked up to OS for fair reviews on sports game. To me, they could always be counted to give great previews and reviews without the shennanigans we have to deal with at general gaming sites like IGN or Gamespot where their idea of "great hockey" was Nintendo Hockey where you could take "Fat Guy" and pummel "Small Guy" or "Skinny Guy" and give him a 2 min penalty for losing...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10
Oh man someone please stop the 2k lovers from posting on every board and crying about something. Every time that EA beats 2k at something its the you don't know the whole story case.

Next I will hear something like 2k's boxing (Don King) was better than Fight NIght LOL. Even better yet that 2k baseball is better than MVP ever was hahaha.

I am not a fan boy but serious you people are so funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Terrible Preview and I'm not just saying this because I'm a fan of the series, but because obviously the author has no hands on experience with the game. If he did, he most likely wouldn't base a negative off a video by IGN in which two players took turns one timing the puck to try and score on the default settings. Also he would know that even though the default controls may be buttons, 2K has pretty much adopted EA's beloved Skill Stick. The previous preview was much better written. I hope this wasn't done by one of the OS staff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »