Home

NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

2K Sports just posted another NHL Developer Insights. This one focusing on the fraphical improvements for NHL 2K10.

Quote:
"Hi all, my name is Heather Marshall, and I am the Art Director for NHL 2K10. I’ll be giving you a bit of insight on this year’s graphics. Our goal for the art team was to create an authentic, realistic NHL game. The first thing we did was take a hard look at 2K9 to see where we could make the most effective improvements. In the gaming industry, 2K Sports keeps the core art team comparatively small, which makes for a very dedicated and talented group. Though it was a bit overwhelming to see the task at hand, I knew we could pull it off. With our tablet pens in hand, I believe we’ve created the best looking hockey game this company has ever seen!"
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Nightbird248's Arena

OVR: 18
To add to what Steve_OS said I have put up the whole insight in my blog plus added the screen shots from it in my Arena section for you all to go check out.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

When do you think we will get videos!!!! These insights are good and this one especially that all the arenas are amazing, The player models are better still not great but good, and the refs are just fine.. But until I see this in motion what good are these insights. Everytime we got a blog or almost every time from Littman there was a video showcasing what the topic was... It was a great touch... But why aren't we getting videos showcasing the game and what it can do.... We are hearing that they are proud of 2k10 and how far they have come but at the end of the day, If it doesn't play so well what good is the graphics and presentation???
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Good blog but what new information is there about the graphics that hasn't been already said? Nice to hear that playoff beards look a lot more real this time around. And yes, I second the suggestion for gameplay footage but I don't want to sound obnoxious.

And...as much as I think 2K hockey's arenas are the best in the business, something just hit me...the best HSBC Arena in any video game is actually *GASP* inaccurate!

The red walls that divide the 100 from the 200 level and "table seats" on the ends (not quite sure what to call them) are actually at a different height on the ends than on the sides. I'm willing to forgive them, though, because (1) it's a generic-named arena (can't get rights for the HSBC name) and (2) NHL 10 isn't doing any better.

Looking forward to the next Insight, hope some video's attached.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-25-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Wow, I think the player models look amazing! I am some pumped for this game. There is going to be a lot of little things this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
this game is gonna be sweet
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wow, I think the player models look amazing! I am some pumped for this game. There is going to be a lot of little things this year.

You are cracking me up man!!! How did I know you would be right up in this graphical thinG!!! LOL....

J/K Scott I like gettin you rowled up.. Player models do look good... Arenas look good. And to the person above saying Buffalos arena isn't correct, That may be but it's still better then a generic arena!!! Right
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

As for specific details, from the correct glass type, to the top board colors and even tunnels, all were completely remodeled, textured and lit. Another notable change is player entrances, which are now unique to each arena.

Get the **** out of here! WOW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »