Home

NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

Are we going to see intros for every game in franchise mode?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
That is the big question!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I have a feeling they will. I mean, they seem to really be pushing that improvement this year. There's no reason to not use it every game. And to stay pessimistic, that's a reason why they wouldn't! Ha!

I think the game looks great. Everyone rags on the models, goalie masks, whatever it is. I guess it does annoy me a bit, but I've never been one for some mostly minor disproportions to ruin my gaming experience. I mean, I love NFL 2k5 and one of the most glaring flaws in that game is the players running like they have something up their butts.

What I love the most is that each arena has it's own unique lighting. I believe I've said it before, but I think that's going to go a long way towards immersing you in the game. Playing in Philly will feel like playing in Philly. I might be just as excited for home game #41 as I am for home game #1. But I may actually dig going on the road a lot more; get a taste of the whole league.

I'll finish off this post with my favorite screenshot, the Detroit Red Wings intro. The glow around the stands gets me jacked up just looking at a still shot. It makes me recall the Orange Crush in Philly before some playoff games. Being up near the top and seeing all the people, wearing those orange shirts in unison... it gives me chills. Just awesome. It's part of what sports is all about. But anyway, the shot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #20
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
You are cracking me up man!!! How did I know you would be right up in this graphical thinG!!! LOL....

J/K Scott I like gettin you rowled up.. Player models do look good... Arenas look good. And to the person above saying Buffalos arena isn't correct, That may be but it's still better then a generic arena!!! Right
Your right it's much better than that game that STILL has generic arenas. How many years is that now? For shame.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #21
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I have a feeling they will. I mean, they seem to really be pushing that improvement this year. There's no reason to not use it every game. And to stay pessimistic, that's a reason why they wouldn't! Ha!

I think the game looks great. Everyone rags on the models, goalie masks, whatever it is. I guess it does annoy me a bit, but I've never been one for some mostly minor disproportions to ruin my gaming experience. I mean, I love NFL 2k5 and one of the most glaring flaws in that game is the players running like they have something up their butts.

What I love the most is that each arena has it's own unique lighting. I believe I've said it before, but I think that's going to go a long way towards immersing you in the game. Playing in Philly will feel like playing in Philly. I might be just as excited for home game #41 as I am for home game #1. But I may actually dig going on the road a lot more; get a taste of the whole league.

I'll finish off this post with my favorite screenshot, the Detroit Red Wings intro. The glow around the stands gets me jacked up just looking at a still shot. It makes me recall the Orange Crush in Philly before some playoff games. Being up near the top and seeing all the people, wearing those orange shirts in unison... it gives me chills. Just awesome. It's part of what sports is all about. But anyway, the shot:

Great post and you said the right word "immerse" this game is more than just game play it looks deeper than I ever could have imagined.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-26-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #22
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

"We had a great foundation for arenas in 2K9. What we needed was the authentic detail and feel of their true life counter parts. To do this, our Environment Lead James Lingo, along with John Lee and Ray Wong, focused on the unique qualities of each arena, with lighting playing a key role. From the warm hues in Pittsburgh’s Mellon Arena to the cool tones in Atlanta’s Philips Arena, finding the right atmosphere of each environment helped elevate their depth and reality. With great lighting, our characters also benefit, giving them the look of actually existing in that particular arena.

As for specific details, from the correct glass type, to the top board colors and even tunnels, all were completely remodeled, textured and lit. Another notable change is player entrances, which are now unique to each arena".

Unbelievable how much effort they put into the presentation/atmosphere. Every bit of info we get takes this game up another level. Now that's what I call attention to detail. Any game without top notch presentation is in a word "boring" IMHO.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-26-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 47

I agree Eddie. I love what I am seeing. Just a sick game!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #24
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I agree Eddie. I love what I am seeing. Just a sick game!
Yes it is, sick sick sick. Can't wait, just a few more weeks although I won't get to play it until the 18th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »