Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 16
2k9 might have received critical acclaim but it from most of the boards like OS and 2k sports the guys who actually played the game were not to happy.

I saw numerous posts on OS and the 2k forums where life long 2k players put there stick down.

Slowing the game down from the 2k8 speed to 2k9 was a major part of the problem.

Ice skating which is a trademark to the NBA Live series was unfortunately introduced to the 2k9 series last year.

They completely destroyed the dribbling system with the slower speed and animations. The spin move became the move of choice.

In 2k8 and the 2k series in general I always felt as if I was on the court dribbling. If you leaned the wrong way I had a move to get by you.

In last years version I felt like I had no control over my handle or animations

How have to see it to believe it. I just don't believe slowing the game down form 2k9 could make it better.

The same goes for Madden. I rarely play ranked games because the game is to slow. It's a good thing they allow you to choose your speed in your franchise online or I wouldn't be playing at all.

This slowing down of the game makes no sense to me.

Why are these developers not trying to represent the actual speed of the sport in there games.

When they make a racing game your supposed to feel the speed.
Would they slow a Nascar game down so it feels like your going 80 miles an hour instead of 200.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On top of the online issues, like I mentioned before, you can play any franchise game online. There are also no formal ranked lobbies -- there are unranked lobbies -- but you won’t need to access any additional menus to play online games. Instead, you can invite your friends or play a stranger by accessing the quick-game menu right after turning the game on."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then they didn't fix the lobbies. There was nothing wrong with the lobbies of 2k8. Why do they refuse to go back to what work. I guess they just gave up since there are no ranked lobbies.

I liked the fact there was a lobby where I could go play on the hardest level which also affected my rankings. .
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Good job. I really think 2k should reconsider having your Vertical, Quickness, Speed and Steal ratings take a hit once you pass 33 years of age. Adjusting your game as you age is all a part of the experience.
Yeah completely agree.

Your physical attributes should take a hit. I understand where they are coming from, but Fight Night has you take a hit. It at least will make people think about retiring because they want to go out on top.

Also I love the speed on Combine, I have a feeling the actual Pro game will be much faster, because everyone speed will be faster.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
"NBA 2K9 led the league in sales and critical acclaim last season while battling against inferior opponents, and has in general been leaps and bounds ahead of the competition for years now."

Best.article.intro.ever.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Well written review. But i must add that after reading it I am not that excited for this game. There just isnt much to get excited about. Maybe that will change for me once I see gameplay videos.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Sounds to me that 2K just has a different selection of things happening and cut to one or the other. No real difference in that vs. what Live is doing except that Live's might get old faster since it's just the one player they focus on. A "cut scene" in the past has generally meant something that's extremely cleaned-up and happens with enhanced models or otherwise outside of the controllable game environment. Both companies are using their game models for their cut scenes, which is good news for those of us that hated when you'd magically see a player teleport to the other side of the court where the cut scene was supposed to happen, etc.

Anyway, semantics.. I'm glad 2K is improving their presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4
"You can also roll the ball into play when you inbound it." - SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTT
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5
When you usually watch a broadcast they focus on that star player pre game ritual when they do show it
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Mannn, I can't wait! I wanna see these Real Time intro's! I been wanting this since Live 95! lol
On the real though, seems like 2K been doin their homework and gonna give us a pretty good game in a few months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »