Home

NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
I posted it twice to be exact: once here in reply to whats hot and whats not and once in response to the broadcast video. I have no allegiance to any company. Whichever one makes the game look and PLAY the most like the sport is the game I buy. All I am saying is that 2ks game last year looked and played much more like actual hockey then ea's and yet it received poor reviews and everyone bought ea's game.

Last edited by maxsilverhammer67; 08-26-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #18
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsilverhammer67
I posted it twice to be exact: once here in reply to whats hot and whats not and once in response to the broadcast video. I have no allegiance to any company. Whichever one makes the game look and PLAY the most like the sport is the game I buy. All I am saying is that 2ks game last year looked and played much more like actual hockey then ea's and yet it received poor reviews and everyone bought ea's game.
Ummmm ok.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

I am the biggest NHL 2K fan in the forum and I will be the first to say last year's2K10 game was terrible. From the anemic coat hanger player models,to the choppy fast animations to the oversimplified bull rush AI offensive tactics. The game was a complete mess. NHL 2K8 was their best game by far.

However, on a side note, Im really concerned that another season will go by and we will still not be able to play RANDOM matchups in our franchise and be limited to only playing our own teams games

I much prefer the Madden, NBA 2K, NHL 2K style of open franchise mode that allows a player to have a more bird's eye (god-like) control of the franchise so that he/she can also enjoy playing random games of the week matchups and Stanley Cup Playoff matchups when they want a break from their own team.

Also one of the major Franchise problems of NHL Hockey for the last several years is the way that you really felt alone in your world....There was no sense that the CPU controlled teams were all fighting for the same goal as you, to win the cup. It felt so sterile

I would hope that these 2 concerns have been addressed
Old 08-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 28

Will the Hartford Whalers uniforms be represented in the game? Specifically the green jerseys?

I have had one stumble shot. It was awesome however I wasn't able to get good wood on it. The animations are outstanding....
Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm just hoping for an improved franchise mode, it has been stale and boring since its existence, last year they focused on the online hopefully this year we can expect an improved Career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is there any hope of online co-op in this game? I mean two or more players on the same time VS the CPU...I'll take it in any game mode...Exhibition, Playoff, Battle for the Cup, whatever. Just tell me it's in there?!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

There 6 on 6 team play. Any 1 on 1 versus. There is online leagues thst allow 6 on 6 team play.

For real co-op, NHL 2k10 has coop franchise and all other modes.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
There 6 on 6 team play. Any 1 on 1 versus. There is online leagues thst allow 6 on 6 team play.

For real co-op, NHL 2k10 has coop franchise and all other modes.
There's 1v1 ranked and unranked, and also 1v1 online franchises where you and you friends can all pick your own teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »