Home

Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

The Wii console has thus far been a conundrum for the sports gamer. On the one hand, some of the platform's most popular games fall within the sports genre: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, etc. On the other hand, mainstream sports games are either non-existent or seemingly a developer's afterthought on the Wii.

This year the 360/PS3 version of Madden received a ton of enhancements, improvements and press coverage. But while everyone was focusing on that version of the game, some pretty big changes were quietly taking place on the Wii side of things. A new graphical style was implemented, new modes were put in place, and some refined controls were adapted for the Wii to make Madden 10 the benchmark of team sports games on the console.

However, despite the fact that there is fun to be had, this game itself is a conundrum, a confusing mix of traditional and innovative ideas that don't always mesh.

Read More - Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Other modes like Superstar and Franchise are there, but they must be unlocked and actually look like they are running in an emulator. They feel lifted from a completely different game. These modes don't seem significantly different from past incarnations either. They do retain the new graphical style, at least in-game, but feel completely like an afterthought. It's telling that you must find a code to unlock these expected modes.

Unlock a code to play Franchise? Good Lord!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34
I found the wii to be a bitter let down. I traded mine in a year ago. DOnt miss it at all.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
Ya it is what it is . the Wii in our house hold is a great entertainer at parties and the kids love playing the Mario tennis and golf and all of that. Honestley can not take anything for real with the Wii so it is hard to do it with a Madden on there. At least it is something different .
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Madden on Wii used to be a great game. It seems that by trying to reach out to casual gamers, they are destroying the game. They are taking this casual thing too far! And its sad because the Wii had a chance to be the hottest system ever and change how we play....instead M10 is pretty much shovelware!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Madden on Wii used to be a great game. It seems that by trying to reach out to casual gamers, they are destroying the game. They are taking this casual thing too far! And its sad because the Wii had a chance to be the hottest system ever and change how we play....instead M10 is pretty much shovelware!
Madden on the wii was never good...... I got rid of my wii because of how much i disliked madden. Wii isn't for serious gamers, its more of a gimmick than anything else.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 24
Honestly, I seriousle debated purchasing madden wii over the hardcore versions. At least you know you're getting a game designed from the ground up. By the way, wasn't there supposed to be a tecmo bowl released this year for wii? They announced it when they announced the DS version.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

Wow,..too bad I'm not seven years old,..or else I would buy this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »