Home

NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #33
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I agree with this as well. Not to mention the generic arenas. I know that shouln't make or break a decision on buying a game but after playing the NHL demo and seeing the screen shots of the 2k arena's it is hard to imagine playing in the generic arenas in NHL. I know it may sound stupid to base a decision on arenas but if the gameplay in the 2k demo is anywhere near the NHL demo i think 2k gets the nod this year.
Doesn't sound stupid at all.. I would probably buy 2k10 alone on arena specific intros during franchise play.. if they are only for the playoffs, I'll probably pass.

I've bought both games in the past.. and I'm prepared again this year.

Heck, Madden alone is more enjoyable this year with all its presentation pizazz!

EA has me with excellent game play and commentary... 2k can bring a niche with game play improvements and all the time they have spent on team specific arenas and lighting.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #34
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Doesn't sound stupid at all.. I would probably buy 2k10 alone on arena specific intros during franchise play.. if they are only for the playoffs, I'll probably pass.

I've bought both games in the past.. and I'm prepared again this year.

Heck, Madden alone is more enjoyable this year with all its presentation pizazz!

EA has me with excellent game play and commentary... 2k can bring a niche with game play improvements and all the time they have spent on team specific arenas and lighting.

Yeah I was going to metnion Madden because it really does make it much more enjoyable. I do enjoy the NHL 10 demo but if the 2k gameplay is anwyhere close I will probably go with that this year.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I agree with this as well. Not to mention the generic arenas. I know that shouln't make or break a decision on buying a game but after playing the NHL demo and seeing the screen shots of the 2k arena's it is hard to imagine playing in the generic arenas in NHL. I know it may sound stupid to base a decision on arenas but if the gameplay in the 2k demo is anywhere near the NHL demo i think 2k gets the nod this year.
Sure, graphics can be a vote swayer. However, it's gameplay that's king. Case in point, I thoroughly enjoyed playing 2k9 on the sucky Wii far more than either 2k9 or NHL 09 on the 360. The gameplay was that much better, imo. Kinda reminded me of playing 2k3 on the old black Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #36
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
Sure, graphics can be a vote swayer. However, it's gameplay that's king. Case in point, I thoroughly enjoyed playing 2k9 on the sucky Wii far more than either 2k9 or NHL 09 on the 360. The gameplay was that much better, imo. Kinda reminded me of playing 2k3 on the old black Xbox.

Agreed, The Point and pass system with assist off was pretty darn fun. YOu could dump the puck, bank it off the boards, miss fire a pass, and regular passing.. I thought that game was just pure fun..
Old 08-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #37
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6

I agree. I just find it hard to play 2k8 after playing the NHl 10 demo even though the gameplay is great. Don't get me wrong I enjoy 2k8 it is a very good game i just wish the graphics were better. that is why if 2k10 has improved grapchis and gameplay goes back to at least what 2k8 was I think it would be hard not go back to 2k this year.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Can Anyone shed any light on the Coverboy if he will be improved. I find it hard to believe that most other screens we saw of other players look very good and AO looks like a Japanese baseball player!!! That would be wierd especially the coverboy!!!
Ovie looked better in the 2K hands on that polmaniac92 did, there was one pic in the article where ovechkin had the all star jersey on. Looked good.

Overall the gfx look hugely improved , but the goalies still need bigger pants
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 38

Everything looks much improved except Im a goalie and would never could never play a game with generic bucketheaded goalies shame on you 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »