Home

Madden NFL 10 Q&A Blog with the Dev Team

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Q&A Blog with the Dev Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Q&A blog with the dev team

1. Can you share some of the programming logic for the OL? What is in the works for M11?

2. Will injured reserve and expanded rosters work correctly in M11?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Broadcast Camera - How's it coming along and when can we expect to see it in the game?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Are their any plans to put draft info (Round Picked, etc.) into Franchise Mode for individual players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Any plans to make some updates to the online franchise servers as it relates to contracts and free agency? Thanks

Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

will there be a change on how the game uses and control 3-4 defense. will you have the ability to have two different profiles run a game ie: controller one profile name and controller two profile name and not blank
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
Rookie

UF Fan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Broadcast Camera - How's it coming along and when can we expect to see it in the game?
Ditto
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wanted to ask you if these two issues were adressed in the first patch for offline play they are the two biggest issues in the game and if not will they be.

1.) Run Blocking. Somebody needs to wake up the RG and tell him that the C can manage to block the NG on his own most of the time, especially if it means that by helping the C he is subjecting the RB to a Team Picture of the LB Corps in the backfield on every damn play. I mean let's have the OL at least block SOMEBODY and not just run around in space looking lost, OK? To be clear here...I am just using the RG as one example, the whole damn line is guilty of not knowing what the hell to do. I do appreciate the stellar work that EA has done to address "suction blocking" animations, and some credit is do, but this deficiancy is killing the game on every level. Do I really have to list all the ways that this is the number one important thing?

2.) Penalties. I want these sliders to never have to even APPROACH "100". If these sliders are at "100" I want to see AT LEAST one penalty on EVERY PLAY (not to mention 'offsetting penalties').
On "0" I should see NO PENALTIES AT ALL. If EA gives us this range in these sliders, we will sort out which penalty sliders should be set where thank you. A good 75% of the drama of a game is the damn zebras pissing you off or helping you with those damn yellow bean bags, either stopping drives, extending drives, or playing havoc with your playcalling on a situational basis.
For example...If I have a rookie CB or a TIRED CB, he should be getting flagged for having to cheat with Pass Interference, Defensive Holding, or Illegal Use of the Hands. I should have to make a decision on benching him because he is killing me with free yardage for the other team. When I see him starting to get tired, that should tell me that I either take a chance with a "double X" or a "double Z" defense, sub him out to get a blow and risk my sub getting punked, or hope the Side Judge is looking at a nice set of Ta-Ta's in the crowd so he doesn't throw the flag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Will instant replays be fixed so they don't cut off the beginning of longer plays? Will the full replays be available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »