Home

No Demo for NHL 2K10

This is a discussion on No Demo for NHL 2K10 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #25
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: No Demo for NHL 2K10

well i was gonna buy 2k10 this year, but only after a demo was available. after 2k9 im not just gonna go and throw $50 dollars away on a game that is EXPECTED to be good when i already know that nhl 10 will be a solid game (demo). 2k, you have terrible marketing, just terrible

- started 11/15/08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: No Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I agree Money99...I think the game will be a great improvement, but if it continues to have low sales totals this series may be on its last legs.
Agree with both you and Hank and honestly its sad. I had a feeling a few years ago that the marketing department was running the show when it came to the actual development of the game (cinemotion, zamboni driving, mini games, the list goes on and on) and if thats not the worst way to develop a yearly sports title I don't know what is.

I wonder if this stems from a lack of cofidence again this year and all these improvements are just smoke being blown up our collective butts. Guess this goes back on the gamefly first list. I would imagine the game is better than 2k9 (not hard) but not having a demo is just setting up 2k10 for a sales disaster. If you have confidence in your game, release a demo, get the casuals on board and show the hardcore guys you're game is as improved as your claiming. The lack of concrete videos on higher difficulty levels with sim settings hasn't helped either.

If this ends up being another year of around 20k total copies being sold on the 360/PS3 kiss the series goodbuy.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks
Just so you guys know I relayed the news that Ronnie gave me. I had no idea about any of this. Ronnie was either misinformed or he lied to me. Great community interaction Ron.
Or you lied to us which is more likely.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: No Demo

Quote:
If you go, don't forget the tomatoes!
Dude give it a rest! If he he told you that big whop life goes on. People don't believe you who cares. They did nothing wrong. I still say if it is rocks people will buy it!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

As a marketing professional who works in the gaming industry, I'm 99% sure that this wasn't a marketing decision - unless the demo was an absolute joke and would have damaged their brand and deterred potential buyers.

Most game publishers view demos as a great way to get free, though low impact, exposure on the large gaming sites. However, demos are almost always an afterthought for the developers, and often get pushed back/cancelled b/c the real game development took too long.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #30
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Or you lied to us which is more likely.
Ask Ron. Let me know if you need a link.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #31
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Just so you guys know I relayed the news that Ronnie gave me. I had no idea about any of this. Ronnie was either misinformed or he lied to me. Great community interaction Ron.
Don't try dragging someone else's name through the mud because you were making stuff up, just walk away.

ANYWAYS, I'm really confused by this move. I can't speak for anyone else but personally? I'm not buying this any time soon. I had/have high hopes for the series making a comeback this year but the combination of not seeing any gameplay and now not getting to sample anything is a bit much, especially after the last few years.

Maybe the price drop was because the group of us that will now rent the game first - if I end up buying after a rental it will be the equivalent to buying it for a standard price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #32
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Don't try dragging someone else's name through the mud because you were making stuff up, just walk away.

ANYWAYS, I'm really confused by this move. I can't speak for anyone else but personally? I'm not buying this any time soon. I had/have high hopes for the series making a comeback this year but the combination of not seeing any gameplay and now not getting to sample anything is a bit much, especially after the last few years.

Maybe the price drop was because the group of us that will now rent the game first - if I end up buying after a rental it will be the equivalent to buying it for a standard price.
I can't remember a sports game in recent years that is less then 2 weeks from being on the store shelves that no one has seen yet...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »