Home

4th and Inches Part One

This is a discussion on 4th and Inches Part One within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
4th and Inches Part One

Now, beyond the introduction, I want to talk about Madden today. How fitting is it that Madden’s theme this year is “Fight for Every Yard.” I wonder if the game’s producers know how truly close they are, I really do. This game is inches from competing for best sports game out (my personal favorite was NBA 2K last year). While I’ve given Madden a hard time for some time -- I even boycotted the game for two years (2007 and 2008) because I felt like it wasn’t up to par -- this year is different. The game is not only playable, it’s good. Real good. Now is it perfect? Nope. But I’ve been gaming long enough to know the perfect game doesn’t exist.

So I’ve decided to focus on a few gameplay elements that could be better, and even some issues that can hopefully be patched (don’t you just love living in the times of current-generation consoles?)

Feature written by Kushmir Hassan

Read More - 4th and Inches Part One
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 4th and Inches Part One

Pursuit angles
The flatts
Replays
etc etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

This game is more like 4th and forever and its best to punt in those situations. In other words no need for part 2.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i'm sorry but i think all the praise it got so fast was reactionary and way too fast. After having more time to play the game there are plenty of flaws and its actually become a boring game (IMO). Ive been a Madden fan my whole video game playing life and did not really care too much about 2k5 but honestly i think this game is drastically overrated.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
the game still help it hard to find sim player because has to many issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

IDK why everyone is hating on Madden so much. It's miles better than the first 4 next gen games. There isn't anything that's gamekilling this year, the game is fun and Franchise mode works this year.

I think people seem to forget that the "G.O.A.T." of football games (2K5) had issues too. QB play was horrible, the DB "circle" animation, it was almost impossible to hit screen passes and Franchise mode was broken.

That's just as much issues as Madden this year and we get 2 patches for it.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 09-03-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Messed up the # of next gen Maddens
Old 09-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
IDK why everyone is hating on Madden so much. It's miles better than the first 3 next gen games. There isn't anything that's gamekilling this year, the game is fun and Franchise mode works this year.

I think people seem to forget that the "G.O.A.T." of football games (2K5) had issues too. QB play was horrible, the DB "circle" animation, it was almost impossible to hit screen passes and Franchise mode was broken.

That's just as much issues as Madden this year and we get 2 patches for it.
This really gets old.

Pointing out flaws in the game is not hating on it. Everytime someone criticizes the game or points out a flaw, someone like you jumps out an says "Why are you hating on the game?"

The game has issues...alot of them. And just because certain flaws arent gamekillers to you doesnt mean they arent gamekillers to others.

I agree with you that it is the best next gen game, but that really doesnt say anything. I also agree with they guy above who said the game is drastically overrated. When I first bought the game, I thought it was great. Since that first week, I havent even touched it. Once the patches and roster updates get posted, Ill try it again, but overall the game is still pretty mediocre in comparison to other sports titles.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
i was never a big of 2k5. im not one to really care too much either way when it comes to cutscenes...give me great gameplay!!! However, i didnt feel as jipped after i bought it since it was only $19.99...and i also had Madden 05(king of all football games, imo) to fall back on

BTW.. this is the 5th next-gen Madden

Last edited by tooldude79; 09-03-2009 at 12:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »