Home

NHL 2K10 Q&A: Part One

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Q&A: Part One within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 22
They have pinning, even showed in a gamespot movie, and they have always had it. Funny that so few asked for pinning (when 2k have had it for years) in the sim department, but after Littmans movies all "sim-heads" require pinning....haha....so funny....

Anyhow, the movie over at 2Khockey looked good.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: NHL 2K10 Q&A: Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Well WWTC said that they have pinning. They were in the ign videos they should a while back.
Yeah, I know there's pinning in the game, but no slider to adjust the frequency of it like there has been in the past. Watching WWTC's vids just didn't seem gritty enough for my liking. I expect to see more board scrums and all. Perhaps his game lacked in boardplay due to the constant puck movement.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
Yeah, I know there's pinning in the game, but no slider to adjust the frequency of it like there has been in the past. Watching WWTC's vids just didn't seem gritty enough for my liking. I expect to see more board scrums and all. Perhaps his game lacked in boardplay due to the constant puck movement.
I think if you turn up the dump slider that will help it.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
I think if you turn up the dump slider that will help it.
Good call. Other possibilities that could help would be checking effectiveness or defensive aggressiveness (more likely to pin near the boards rather than check?)
Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
Banned

What I really love this year is the hip check animations and the hitting in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Good call. Other possibilities that could help would be checking effectiveness or defensive aggressiveness (more likely to pin near the boards rather than check?)
The other thing. If it works this year. It would be cool to set all four lines the way they should be in real life. I know the Sharks first line don't really dump and chase. That would be cool to have all the lines act like they do in real life.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
The other thing. If it works this year. It would be cool to set all four lines the way they should be in real life. I know the Sharks first line don't really dump and chase. That would be cool to have all the lines act like they do in real life.
You actually can do this with 2k9. The trick is setting all of them up before starting a season/franchise and then saving the roster file. Then load that roster file when starting a season/franchise and all of your strategy settings will still be there for each team. I used daflyboy's strategy settings suggestion and applied it to each team except my user-controlled on and it worked brilliantly. So, I'm guessing you'll be able to do the same with 2k10.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
You actually can do this with 2k9. The trick is setting all of them up before starting a season/franchise and then saving the roster file. Then load that roster file when starting a season/franchise and all of your strategy settings will still be there for each team. I used daflyboy's strategy settings suggestion and applied it to each team except my user-controlled on and it worked brilliantly. So, I'm guessing you'll be able to do the same with 2k10.
I did it, but it did not really work. Even one of the devs said it is much better this year. They also, said the teams play like their real counter part team. If that is the case that is SICK!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »