Home

Madden NFL 10 Announces AFL Legacy Pack, Screenshots and Video Available

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Announces AFL Legacy Pack, Screenshots and Video Available within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Icon1 Madden NFL 10 Announces AFL Legacy Pack, Screenshots and Video Available

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: First details on AFL Legacy Pack DLC ($6.99)

I'm stoked. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I only wish it was out sooner than Sept 24th. How bout Sept. 9?

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

This is exactly the kind of Madden DLC that has been needed
Old 09-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's ridiculous how they're making us pay for this.

I probably won't be getting this if they don't fix the simmed stats in franchise mode because I'll probably just return the game to Gamestop if I can't play franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'll be getting this.

Thanks for the info and the link JohnDoe....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd be much more inclined to buy this if I could get my first EA purchase ("elite" status) to work. Instead, every time I try to play an elite online game, it says I must register to use the mode, but when I try to register it says "unable to retrieve content from server". And NO ONE at EA seems to be able to help me.

The second they tell me how to get my "elite" to work, I will buy the new DLC.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

For the mouse-click challenged:

Gamer Blog: AFL headed to 'Madden 10'"Madden 10" goes old-school with the downloadable AFL Legacy Pack.

Looking to play as the Chargers with the old-school baby blue throwbacks? How about adding the classic yellow and brown Broncos uniform (complete with vertical stripped socks) to your current Denver jersey combo via Madden's uniform mix and match?

These choices and more will all become available September 24 via downloadable content for "Madden NFL 10," as EA Sports introduces a special AFL Legacy Pack to the game to help commemorate the 50th anniversary of the American Football League.

The price: 560 Microsoft Points or $6.99 on PSN.

"Fans should be excited because we're allowing you to celebrate the AFL anniversary alongside the NFL," says "Madden 10's" senior producer Phil Frazier. "We've all seen some of the early AFL games in pre-season and they are ridiculously cool. The retro uniforms, the retro field art, and even the officials wearing orange uniforms. The whole package is really unique and we capture that same feeling in the AFL Legacy Pack.

The AFL Legacy Pack adds sepia TV treatments and classic uniforms for an old-school feel.

"My favorite feature has to be the retro-style presentation. Everything from the banners to the film grain make the game look really old-school. It's amazing how new the game feels when this setting is turned on."

Frazier also spilled the details on all of the new Madden Moments the AFL pack will include: "We have added five new Madden Moments, all themed from the AFL era, and all allowing you to re-write history," he reveals. "The first is from January 1st, 1961, a championship game between the Chargers and the Oilers. The second is from the longest championship game ever played. It occurred on December 23rd, 1962. The third moment features the Chargers and the Patriots as the patriots try to take away the one title the Chargers have ever earned back on January 5th, 1964. The fourth moment features the Broncos and the Bills, which was an incredible game that ended in a tie back on November 27th, 1960. Can you break that tie? Finally, the last moment features the Chiefs and the Raiders in the final AFL game on January 1st, 1970. Can you take that victory away from the Chiefs?"

On top of that, the pack will also include five new "Madden 10" achievements and trophies. "They involve wearing AFL jerseys in an online game, finishing one of our all new AFL Madden Moments with AFL presentation turned on, winning exhibition and franchise games with AFL presentation turned on, and one secret achievement," says Frazier, who will only provide the following hint on the final, secret achievement: It involves a missed field goal and a touchdown on the same play.

So what else can gamers expect for seven bucks? Here is a list of the AFL Legacy pack features:

16 AFL 50th Anniversary Throwbacks uniforms (both home and away)
Oilers baby blues as seen in Hall of Fame Game Bills white throwbacks as seen in Hall of Fame Game Broncos epic yellow and brown combo with vertical striped socks is an instant all-time Madden classic uniform Play with your AFL throwback uniforms anywhere including online franchise.

AFL 60's Style Presentation
  • Old 1960 football card look for banners and in-game user interface
  • 1960-ish sepia TV treatment
  • The official orange-striped AFL referee uniforms
  • Official AFL field markings and logos
  • Special Oakland and San Diego markings with diamond end zones and shield yard markings.

Original AFL Teams
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Denver Broncos
  • Dallas Texans (Kansas City Chiefs)
  • San Diego Chargers
  • Boston Patriots (New England Patriots)
  • Titans of New York (New York Jets)
  • Houston Oilers (Tennessee Titans)
  • Oakland Raiders

AFL Invades Franchise Mode
  • 15 official AFL Legacy games tagged with complete AFL presentation.
  • All screens and banners swap old school logos.

AFL Madden Moments
  • Five brand new AFL themed Madden Moments reliving some of the greatest moments from the AFL's 10 year history.

AFL Achievements/Trophies
  • Five new AFL achievements/trophies to unlock.

And, according to Frazier, this might not be the last of the "Madden 10" DLC.

"The Madden AFL Legacy Pack is the first fully featured post-release content we've provided and we hope it's successful," he told ESPN. "We do hope to release future NFL based content but aren't yet ready to make any formal announcements. Stay tuned."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »