Home

NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Franchise Mode within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Franchise Mode

A couple of the things popped out at me:

Even though you usually have the ability to edit the players name after you draft them, the fact you can make your own draft class is pretty cool feature. This can mean some hard-core puckheads may give us a nice update of the 2010 Entry draft, or you can screw around with it, and have some fun.

The budget sounds cool too, and the interface is smooth. 2k, your making my hockey purchase difficult. Sure, you're getting GM mode and the other nice stuff from EA, but it seems like 2k threw away their mistakes from 2k9, and are ready to show the world who they are.

I am tempted to buy both now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

sounds good! one question though: does this mean that we will have dynamic attendance in this mode??
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #27
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostarac
sounds good! one question though: does this mean that we will have dynamic attendance in this mode??
This is what I want to know too. If the arenas are always packed but in the franchise stats it shows variance in attendance that would be a dit dissapointing.

Nevertheless I love the sound of it all. Trade overide to keep things up to date with the NHL is a great idea.

Of the two products released this year, 2k is the one I am anticipating more.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 5

Still unclear on how we'd stock create a team. Do we just get the roster of the team we replace? If we take from a few rosters, will those guys still be on the other teams, creating, say, 2 Ovechkins?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #29
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

It has been revealed for a while, but I'm definitely going to love the Franchise Blogs that the game will create. I'm a big time franchise story guy, so I really appreciate that "shoutout" (as it was so eloquently put in the Insight). I feel like something like that the community (or at least guys like WWTC, Shadow) really helped push into the game as a nice extra feature.

The other improvements sound great, too. I'm hoping that I'll be playing this game for a long time, so having a loaded franchise mode will be a really nice perk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
It has been revealed for a while, but I'm definitely going to love the Franchise Blogs that the game will create. I'm a big time franchise story guy, so I really appreciate that "shoutout" (as it was so eloquently put in the Insight). I feel like something like that the community (or at least guys like WWTC, Shadow) really helped push into the game as a nice extra feature.

The other improvements sound great, too. I'm hoping that I'll be playing this game for a long time, so having a loaded franchise mode will be a really nice perk.
D, when I read about the franchise features, I knew it would be right up your alley. Now you can stop playing that crappy 2k7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »