Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA '10 Demo - Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
fifa 08 , fifa 09 were decent offerings, but I couldn't play it after a while because there was one gamekiller for me

cpu and human formations are NOT dynamic, not enough overlaps, not enough defenders pushing forward, and not enough defensive midfielders taking chances going forward

So what happens is when you and the cpu score 90 percent of the time it's either the forwards or the attacking midfielders. Yes I know they should score the majority, but from what I experienced this is way way too high. 90 percent might be too kind actually.

Fifa 10......STILL has the same problem.

first thing I checked when I played, and the positions are still too static and not enough flow. THe defenders play the last 3rd, midfielders play the middle and the forwards stick up front. Yes this is the starting look, but it shouldn't be restricted to this.

It's a shame really, because the game looks so beautiful . It might be hardcoded I don't know because I messed with team formations last year ....NOTHING worked.

looks like another year of a failed fifa.....starting to feel like the madden series for me.
In the few games I played I actually wasn't having this issue. The midfielders pushed up into the final third (only 1 of my 3 goals was with a striker, and that was off a deflection off of a shot from Essien that Anelka then cleaned up). The fullbacks supported me down the wings. Maybe it was because of the way I play (I do a lot of LB+A passes in the midfield and down the flanks with my fullbacks), but I wasn't seeing what you're seeing.

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me

Last edited by Tomasperez9; 09-10-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
In the few games I played I actually wasn't having this issue. The midfielders pushed up into the final third (only 1 of my 3 goals was with a striker, and that was off a deflection off of a shot from a Essien that Anelka then cleaned up). The fullbacks supported me down the wings. Maybe it was because of the way I play (I do a lot of LB+A passes in the midfield and down the flanks with my fullbacks), but I wasn't seeing what you're seeing.

you can always change the way you play, and i did that last year, and actually tried to get my other midfielders to score. But it's a chore and feels too unnatural and doesnt work properly. To me what's really broken is the cpu play. They are WAYY too tied into their positions . For example a player like Pirlo loses a lot of his value when you're playing AGAINST him. Because he pushes forward to create and soemtimes to supply goals. But in the fifa series, he's strictly a "defensive" midfielder.

been there done that with this game.

like poster said above, PES does better in this area and still does better overall in the A.I department. Fifa wins in graphics, pacing, animations, and basically everything else.

But A.I is too big to ignore, and from what I've seen so far of the demo, fifa 10 lacks it.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Downloading now!

Expect a bunch of impression in 2-3 hours.

Last edited by Whitesox; 09-10-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

How do you created a Euro account for Xbox 360?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is one of the best football games ive ever played...

I love it, i just tried to play FIFA 09 again after a few matches of FIFA 10 and i can't go back to that...Ball control is just that much better in FIFA 10 and the AI plays much smarter...They also slowed the game down a notch which was really needed and gave the ball some more weight...The flow of the pitch is so smooth, they absolutely nailed it...

Other than formations still being a bit too static and the goalkeeper making some very stupid errors (always leaves the box no matter what) there is nothing to really not to like here...

Job well done EA...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
There's this little thing called "Google" that comes in hand every once in a while...
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...0c2f7c7f87ed47

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
But A.I is too big to ignore, and from what I've seen so far of the demo, fifa 10 lacks it.
You sure you downloaded the FIFA 10 demo?

The AI is clearly much improved from last year, its actually challenging this time around...Sure its not up to par with PES but its not that far behind anymore...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »