Home

NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Game Informer NBA 2k10 preview

Oh God...they got that annoying Kobe jaw thing where he looks like Bubba from Forrest Gump?

Meh, I guess it's authentic.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer)

I love the commentary news to me commentary is a big part of the experience so hearing that it's better than mlb the show and it talks about real time stuff instead of being time specific is big for me
Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
Rookie

XpEeRuHmEnT's Arena

OVR: 3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

That was an interesting interview. Everything is sounding great so far. Looking forward to part 2.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: Game Informer NBA 2k10 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha1nonly
See now that scowl is going to be overdone because he did it a grand total of twice in his entire career and we'll see it damn near every game.
Lol. Now, I'm trying not to go there since we haven't played the game, yet, but when I read it, I was thinking the same thing about the amount of times we've actually seen it in his career.

Now, what I did like reading was " I actually have NBA Today fully integrated into franchise, except it’s using data from your franchise rather than the real-world data." - Good. That was my biggest concern about this new data feed they're using and I've posted about it a few times. I didn't want real time NBA info in my association because that makes NO sense and I'm glad 2K agrees...but I gotta say, that interview, once again, made me feel like they will not be receiving my dough because they are starting to sound like "EA of old" (I know that's debatable to some)and NOT addressing the real probs with their game. I've only heard from them that they are fixing the post game.

Maybe some of the googamillion animations they're adding this year may resolve some other issues, as well, but if playing the DC is any indication of what to look forward to in the actual 2K10 game, I am very concerned because there are a bunch of old issues with the DC like how the animations and controls still can take u out of position and even make it hard for you to get BACK in the right direction and the unnecessary bounce pass issue in traffic and on pick and rolls unless there is a way to choose my pass type in that poorly put together "instruction manual" in the game. I DO like the new turbo button fatigue with the meter below the player. NICE!

2K really seems content on adding features and, as usual, animations, this year instead of fixing probs but gimme a demo to really see what's what, 2K (I am such a lobbyist, sometimes. Ha...).
Old 09-12-2009, 03:02 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

The commentary sounds hella good, still want to hear more about association/franchise. Sounds like one of the developers really put in work for it, so can't wait for Monday's part 2
Old 09-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #15
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

The whole Beluba thing makes it into a major story

Game Informer: First and foremost, we were all surprised when Mike Wang jumped ship and went over to NBA Live. Were you guys surprised by the move?
Jones: I can’t say that we were prepared. Nobody’s ever prepared for someone just leaving and going to a direct competitor. But when all was said and done he needed to do something for his family, he wanted to try something different. For us, he was part of our team, he wasn’t our team. The NBA 2K franchise continues just like it did before he got here. We were saddened, because he’s a really good guy, but at the same time it was time for him and we moved on.
Boenisch: We have a team of 80 people, and Mike was just one of those people. The development team here, there is a number of us who are huge fans, and Mike was just one of us. He didn’t engineer the game, he didn’t put content into the game—he was just a producer.
GI: Obviously Mike was very intimate with the ideas being thrown about at Visual Concepts in regards to the NBA series. Have you had to take that into account now that he’s leading the competition?
Jones: I think that the best answer for that is, if you ever look at two games in the same genre the kind of evolve in the same way anyway. What he knew at the time was only through what we did in 2K9. NBA 2K10 is all stuff that he had no idea what we were going to move to. From a standpoint of what’s being implemented up there [in EA Canada], I think he’s taken a lot of concepts that we had already developed here, whether in unison with them or before he was there, and try to bring that flavor that they have been lacking so long. Let me put it this way, I know they have capable guys up there outside of Mike, and we have capable guys here that picked up from where he was with the same type of ingenuity for coming up with new, good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #16
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
The whole Beluba thing makes it into a major story

Game Informer: First and foremost, we were all surprised when Mike Wang jumped ship and went over to NBA Live. Were you guys surprised by the move?
Jones: I can’t say that we were prepared. Nobody’s ever prepared for someone just leaving and going to a direct competitor. But when all was said and done he needed to do something for his family, he wanted to try something different. For us, he was part of our team, he wasn’t our team. The NBA 2K franchise continues just like it did before he got here. We were saddened, because he’s a really good guy, but at the same time it was time for him and we moved on.
Boenisch: We have a team of 80 people, and Mike was just one of those people. The development team here, there is a number of us who are huge fans, and Mike was just one of us. He didn’t engineer the game, he didn’t put content into the game—he was just a producer.
GI: Obviously Mike was very intimate with the ideas being thrown about at Visual Concepts in regards to the NBA series. Have you had to take that into account now that he’s leading the competition?
Jones: I think that the best answer for that is, if you ever look at two games in the same genre the kind of evolve in the same way anyway. What he knew at the time was only through what we did in 2K9. NBA 2K10 is all stuff that he had no idea what we were going to move to. From a standpoint of what’s being implemented up there [in EA Canada], I think he’s taken a lot of concepts that we had already developed here, whether in unison with them or before he was there, and try to bring that flavor that they have been lacking so long. Let me put it this way, I know they have capable guys up there outside of Mike, and we have capable guys here that picked up from where he was with the same type of ingenuity for coming up with new, good stuff.
Very intersting and candid response by Rob. The funny thing is outside of us ,the hardcore community, no one really cares or knows about Mike's move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »