Home

NHL 2K10 Franchise Details (2KHockey.net)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Franchise Details (2KHockey.net) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL 2K10 Franchise Details (2KHockey.net)

2KHockey.net has posted NHL 2K10 franchise details.

Quote:
"Yesterday 2K Sports sent us a near-final copy of NHL 2K10. After running through the tutorial, getting a feel for the controls in practice mode, and playing through a couple of quick games, we spent quite a bit of time looking through all the new options and features.

My time with the game last night was brief, but there were a lot of details I took note of. So instead of writing a formal preview, I thought it might be easier and more effective to just start listing some of the things I’ve found. We’ll start with franchise mode (some of this was already covered in the most recent Developer Insight, but I hope to provide some extra details, context, and impressions), with more to come later."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Franchise Info

Okay...now THAT is absolute awesomeness for sure.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

So if I'm reading that right, you can control all thirty teams, keep the rosters 100% AND play any game on the schedule? Is that correct?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #4
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Yes you can play any game on the schedule as long as it's in the order it appears on that days listing.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

This is nice as well:

Quote:
Menu Options & Features

Posted by Chris Wszolek | September 11, 2009

********> ******** src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" type=text/javascript>

Getting used to NHL 2K10’s new menu system took me a few minutes. There is now a layered menu (called “2K Nav”) that you bring up with your right analog stick. It overlays whatever you’re doing with 9 quadrants of the screen; the middle box returns you to the previous page while the surrounding 8 represent each branching menu item.
Being used to a standard “list” menu, at first it was a little tricky finding a few options (remember, the Arena Music is under Options > Features > 2K Beats!) but after playing for a little while I was zipping around just fine. The same applies to the menu in franchise mode — once you get used to how the new setup works and where things are layered, finding everything becomes second nature.
The one nice thing about it is you can access the menu instantly, no matter where you are, with basically no load time. So even in the middle of a game, if you want to quit and go edit something, just pause the game and go to Main Menu. Because it’s an “overlay”, your paused game just stays in the background while you navigate the menu. Once you enter another mode you’re prompted that your game will exit, and 2 seconds later you’re at your destination. If you download the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine from Xbox Live or PSN, you can get a mini idea of what it’s like.
Definitely dig around when you first get the game to get a feel for what’s nested under each quadrant. In doing so, I happened upon a number of new options and features you might appreciate:
  • 2K Share lets you download files uploaded by other players. The things you can upload are rosters, draft classes, gameplay sliders, and “Player DNA” (individual created players). It will be interesting to see how this pans out with community-contributed content.
  • Strategies can be changed individually for all teams and for each individual line on every team, if you so choose to edit them. The defense, forecheck, backcheck, and breakout have the same options as past years. But this year you can also set:
    - Attack (Stay Back, Cautioned, Balanced, Aggressive, All Out)
    - Dump & Chase (Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High)
    - PK (Movable Box, Tight Box, Wide Box)
  • All sliders are on a universal scale of zero to 100 (and ice friction & puck friction are options for those wondering)
  • Faceoff Delay of Game is an option for getting kicked out of too many faceoffs
  • The line change/penalty expiration Picture-in-Picture box can be turned off, set to Compact (show the name of the line in large text), or Full (show PIP video of players hopping over the boards and leaving the penalty box)
  • The puck carrier’s name, position, number, ability icon, and speed burst meter can all be turned on/off
  • Puck shadow on/off
  • And even international units — lbs/kg/stone… MPH/KPH… MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY… 12/24 hr clock… ft/meters — have all been thrown in for good measure (horrible pun intended… sorry).
That just covers a number of miscellaneous features and options I came across in my first run-through. We’ll have more details and information tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

still no word on dynamic attendance in franchise mode??
Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K10 Franchise Details (2KHockey.net)

Thanks savoie, I was wondering about options to shut off icons and the puck shadow. Wow, love the CPU strategy options. 2K10 looks like it could be the deepest next-gen sports game by far, option-wise. Hope all those sliders/settings actually work.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Re: NHL 2K10 Franchise Details (2KHockey.net)

Well according to Scott they do and very well.

I think dynamic attendence is in, I just don't know if it will be apparent in the stands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »