Home

NBA 2K10 Interview: Part 2 (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Interview: Part 2 (Game Informer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Interview: Part 2 (Game Informer)

Quote:
I don’t know if you remember how the double team system used to feel like a movie playing on once it started—now you are control of the actions of every player in the system. If you’re a defender and you hit the steal button, the player steals when you press “steal” in the double team. It feels a lot more responsive because you’re more involved.
I hope we have more control than just being able to steal the ball. If we cant control our pivot foot, or pass the ball where we want to, then it will just be another year of double team canned animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #26
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12
sounds good. Awaiting gameplay vids...
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

News sound really good!
They seem to have fixed some major flaws in the gameplay, but I believe they need also to focus in taking the passing and shooting system to the next level (like EA tried with Live 10). Hopefully next year.

Last edited by franzis; 09-15-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

This sounds great! I will own both NBA2K10 and NBA Live this year.

EA's improvements in the NBA Live series has raised the bar for BBall games. Gotta love a little competition.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #29
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
News sound really good!
They seem to have fixed some major flaws in the gameplay, but I believe they need also to focus in taking the passing and shooting system to the next level (like EA tried with Live 10). Hopefully next year.
I don't think there is anyting wrong with the shooting in 2k. With the shot stick I feel that is one of their strongest aspects imo.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

I was thinking nba live 10 this year after last years 2k9 frustartions with back door passes and no help defense. But if the gameplay is fixed I'm sticking with 2k again. Hopefully we'll know soon.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #31
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Really looking forward to the game this year Association mode sounds awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

"Another fan requested feature is real-time practice. Last year we had a practice menu in the game where you could go set up a little scrimmage, but it was kind of simulated and your players would get kind of a stat boost based on that. This year with real-time practice you can actually go into a practice gym with your team and practice plays or go do a scrimmage or practice a signature shot with one of your guys. This is really cool for learning the signature shots of your players, learning to run plays in an environment that doesn’t count negatively against you. In years’ past people would have to learn plays in game situations, and that’s not really fun or fair because they are doing everything they can to win the game. This is another of those little icing on the cake features."

Another reason why I love 2k sports, they always listen to the fans, can't wait for this game to drop.

Bring NFL 2k Football back

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »