Home

NHL 10 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Review within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #17
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 10 Review

The good thing is that the servers can be updated fairly rapidly, not at all like a title update. They're continuing to track down kinks in the service and it should be sorted out "fairly soon".
Old 09-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 38
Good review but I give it a 9 or 9.5 just amazing for offline play
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

What's the deal with these "tuner sets" talked about in the review? Have they released any yet?

Brian
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYA-MUSTANG86
Have they fixed the stat engine in franchise mode this year? ex. goalies getting way too few shutouts, the NHL leader would have something like 3 or 4. Same for save % where there may only be like 3 G league wide with a % of higher then .900. And there would also gbe like 12 players with 100+ points. Has this issue been addressed at all? Cause I know Madden 10's stat engine is total crap. So no real reason for optimism here.
so far this is my biggest gripe with the game. I still dont think the goalies save % is as high as it should be. Its better than last year, but I think 2k10 has a near perfect simmed stats engine this year.
Also- I dont like how your players dont get injured much during simmed games. I simmed up until January and only 2 players on my team missecd any games. The sim engine should at least scratch guys do to fatigue, bumps and bruises or if theyre just not playing good.

Last edited by Splitter77; 09-17-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
I would give this game a 9.0 at least but that's just my opinion. I think the "tweaks" they made to the gameplay and the additions like board-pinning have completely changed the game. As a prime example, last year I used the Flames for most of my online games, which was frustrating at times because their "rough and tumble" style of hockey didn't translate well n 09. Played a couple of nights ago and it was unbelievable what all the tweaks and additions did to make the Flames a difficult team to play. I physically manhanded my opponents with a combination of dump and chase hockey, solid board play and timely body checks. It was one of the most satisfying games I've ever played online in any sports games.

For the authenticity alone, it deserves a 9.0. After making some slider tweaks, this game is close to "perfection". With a patch? The sky's the limit. Regardless, well thought out review and besides the rating I agree with most of what you said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10
Some positive user feedback, interesting.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Links to other reviews. Not sure why but Metacritic doesn't seem to put up the OS review scores any more -- didn't for Madden this year or NHL last year.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/nhl10
http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...box360/nhl2k10

Last edited by Redshirt_EA; 09-18-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #24
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Good review hopefully get a chance to play this here soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »