Home

EA Sports MMA Announces Frank Shamrock Added to Roster

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Announces Frank Shamrock Added to Roster within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports MMA Announces Frank Shamrock Added to Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoDoePapo
this is why mma math doesnt work.
MMA math is stuff like "GSP lost to Serra, Serra lost to Shonie Carter, therefore Shonie Carter would beat GSP."

Saying that Diaz lost to Riggs, Diego, Karo, and Sherk isn't MMA math. It's simply stating facts.

Quote:
nick was very young in the fights you have mentioned.
Riggs and Diego were 24 when they beat Diaz. Karo was 22.

Quote:
what about when he beat gomi?
-Diaz's win over Gomi has lost a good bit of its luster in the past couple years as we've come to see that Gomi isn't as good as we thought in Pride's glory days.

-And if you watch the fight, Gomi looked terrible. He gassed three minutes into the fight without Diaz really doing anything to him, and his striking consisted of leaving his hands at his sides and winging haymakers. And he still messed Diaz up bad.

-Don't get me wrong, it was a gutsy win by Diaz over a good opponent, but it wasn't exactly an impressive win. And if that's by far Diaz's best win in his career, well, that doesn't do a whole lot to dissuade me from calling Diaz a mid-level talent.

To me, there's the elite guys, there's the gatekeepers, and then there's the mid-level guys. Considering Diaz has a spotty record against gatekeepers, I'm fine with putting him in the mid-level group.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
lol usa today rankings???
Um, yes?

Those rankings are compiled from over 20 of the most respected MMA sites to create a sort of consensus rankings.

If you're looking for MMA rankings, it's really the only one to look at, in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

so wait... i am really confused about all this? i kinda play video games in my spare time so please don't hang me for asking lol, but does EA sports not have the right to put any UFC fighter in their game? i mean... that would be kinda silly, i would like to see fighters from all different leagues in the game if it is a good one. i think THQ made a noble effort, but i would hate to see EA have a monopoly over MMA like they do over football lol... plus... anyone remember the PrideFC game? cooool
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HravatskiIgrač
so wait... i am really confused about all this? i kinda play video games in my spare time so please don't hang me for asking lol, but does EA sports not have the right to put any UFC fighter in their game? i mean... that would be kinda silly, i would like to see fighters from all different leagues in the game if it is a good one. i think THQ made a noble effort, but i would hate to see EA have a monopoly over MMA like they do over football lol... plus... anyone remember the PrideFC game? cooool
UFC and THQ have the same kind of contract as the NFL and EA, so the answer is no, EA can't put whatever UFC fighter they want in their game.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #21
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HravatskiIgrač
but does EA sports not have the right to put any UFC fighter in their game?
What sense does that make? That'd be like the WWE having TNA wrestlers in their game, or vice versa. Master Chief in Gears of War... DC characters in a Marvel game.. the list goes on and on..
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »