Home

Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Maybe it's just too much NFS Shift, or the fact that I'm like Pappy and growing tired of true sims, but the game bored me. Compared to Shift, the sense of speed and cockpit views aren't even close.

It's probably just me, but F3 is a pass for me now
You suck.

That is all.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Another improvement in forza 3 is the replay cameras. The replay cameras are much better and let you see what is going on instead of having you stare at your right front tire.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Maybe it's just too much NFS Shift, or the fact that I'm like Pappy and growing tired of true sims, but the game bored me. Compared to Shift, the sense of speed and cockpit views aren't even close.

It's probably just me, but F3 is a pass for me now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
You suck.

That is all.
Ba-Da Bing! lol Harsh bro...but to the point. Maybe F3 is too hardcore for some. We can always blame it on EA for the ad campaign for NFS Shift. Now people expect all racing games to be like that tripe.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Saw this on the Forza forums:

Quote:
go to the leaderboards and select one of the top players. you can race their ghost. infinite laps it seems with no traffic. glorious!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
After playing the demo for a little while, I can definitely say that it's a step up from Forza 2. Graphics are crisp, runs at 60fps, and overall it's enjoyable to play. However, I wasn't "floored" by it like I was hoping. And while the graphics are great and highly detailed, it just doesn't have that photo-realistic feel to it like Gran Turismo (or some other games) look like they have. This has always bothered me about the Forza series. The cars are rendered extremely well, but that's what it looks like, a rendering. Maybe it's the way the graphics engine does lighting, coloring, etc. (I have no idea) And also, while the game runs smooth as silk, it just looks artificial in motion. Hard to describe, but it's like when you can tell the difference between a movie running at 24 fps and then when you put it through those new 120Hz motion engines that make movies look like they were shot with a home video camera. So while the game is highly detailed, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it wouldn't fool me, even for a split second if I was just glancing at the TV while walking by, into thinking that it was real.

The other thing that surprised me, is that when I turned off all the assists to test the realism, why is it way easier to control the cars in Forza 3 than in NFS Shift, which is more of an "arcade" style game? (not to mention the fact that I have assists turned on (low) in NFS Shift as well). Maybe Forza 3 IS more realistic with the physics, but it doesn't really seem like it to me (this may be due to the fact that much of the NFS Shift development team at Slightly Mad Studios used to work for SimBin, who make uber-realistic driving sims for the PC). In NFS Shift the cars feel like they have more weight to them, and you really have to time the turns right at the right speed, as there is no forgiveness if you don't, just like it would be in real life.

So overall, I'll probably get Forza 3 just because I'm a huge car fanatic (and it's still a good game), but the things I mentioned definitely bug the hell out of me. GT5 may be the (only) reason I finally pick up a PS3...

Last edited by FlyBri; 09-24-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

1-2-3-GO! They have added a few new wrinkles and smoothed down some corners but overall the game lives and dies by the same praise and shortcomings as past itterations. Forza 3 is an incremental update not an evolutionary change. While it will always hold the physics crown among console races many of its other features are starting to feel dated.

Note to the guy above - driving a car ISN'T that hard. Look at how many idiots have licenses now days. Yeah, driving one at the edge is hard but in Shift driving a Cobalt at 30 mph in a straight line is crazy difficult. So don't think difficulty equates to reality. In reality not many people would have issues making a safe lap on one of these tracks. There is no such thing as a safe lap in Shift because the cars are unstable at any speed.

Last edited by lnin0; 09-24-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm not normally won over easily by graphics, but about this game's graphics:

Driving is fun too. Me likey.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #24
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Since I'm a true hardcore sim fan. This is a first day purchase for me. The demo was tight. I can't wait for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »