Home

NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Your evaluation is horrible. He's showing "how you should not play the my player mode" that's why he's running around like a clown.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Yes, I watched the video too, I know his intent. I just made a brief comment on it.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3
I can't wait to put my name on a Jersey...whoot whoot...2K is giving a lot of love to us...love 2K back!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Are these gamespot guys seriously STILL complaing about free throws? 2K has had the most straight forward and natural FT mechanic in any basketball game for how many years now? Hold down the analog and release at the right time...WHY is this difficult? It's a perfect system and I hope these ridiculous complaints don't make them change it.

These guys praise fighting games for having 20+ button combos but can't seem to time a release properly. Aren't game reviewers supposed to be "professional" gamers?

Sorry for the mini rant but I just hate how millions of people read what these tools write. I'm sick of sports games being bashed for having deep controls.
I'm right there with you...minus the mini rant. I absolutely LOVE 2K's free throw system, even when it was trigger based on the Dreamcast which I thought was even better, especially for that system, but the only thing that should be included is free throw practice so you can learn your individual players' mechanic, follow through and release point. I hated having to learn this in "the heat of battle" when a Josh Boone on my Nets has the uber funky free throw mechanic and is on the line.

Anyway, I'm really starting to look forward to this game and, if anything, I will go hard with My Player but this is proving tough. already because I WILL be getting Live 10 and I'm so used to that demo that it is messing with me when I go back to the DC. I really enjoy the DC but my current PG is only a second rounder who is in the sights of the Jazz. NO way I would start with Derron Williams running the show but I don't know who there number 2 is. Hmm.

Sorry for all that. I was just thinking of the goodness we are going to be blessed with on Oct. 6th. I will be there first thing after opening and there will be NO gym or track or actually playing b-ball, that day. Strictly console b-ball...maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:57 AM   #12
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I've never bought 2k basketball before. I downloaded the draft combine and after playing it some I was HOOKED like on that rock.

I couldn't put it down, I kept deleting the save file to make new positions and try what I loved the best.

My Player completely sold me on the game. I'll pick up L**e 10 too but seeing as how this My Player mode is so immersive I can't say how much L**e 10 will get played.

Kudos to 2k on this mode/product... absolutely AWESOME
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

My Player could be the deciding feature for me too. But if opposing superstars (CPU) don't play like superstars, I won't play much.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 60
Nice. Sounding good. If I get this game, I'll surely live My Player a try.
Oh and concerning "The Gatorade Call-Up": hahahahaha
Old 09-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Are these gamespot guys seriously STILL complaing about free throws? 2K has had the most straight forward and natural FT mechanic in any basketball game for how many years now? Hold down the analog and release at the right time...WHY is this difficult? It's a perfect system and I hope these ridiculous complaints don't make them change it.

These guys praise fighting games for having 20+ button combos but can't seem to time a release properly. Aren't game reviewers supposed to be "professional" gamers?

Sorry for the mini rant but I just hate how millions of people read what these tools write. I'm sick of sports games being bashed for having deep controls.
Great rant because I agree 100%. 2K BETTER not change it. It's natural, not a tired azz meter, and it is consistent with the shot mechanic. Not only that, it represents the difference in free throw routines, making it a game within the game. I actually CARE if I'm controller Shaq at the end of a game. Why few people see the value in this, I'll never understand. But as long as VC does, I could care less if anyone else does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

agreed. love the ft system. 2k needs to keep it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »