Home

NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN)

IGN has posted a article called NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed.

Quote:
"I played in three Live Run games with staff members from EA's studio in Vancouver and had a blast doing it. The amount of smack talk and "constructive criticism" that flows between teammates during a contest is laughable, even if the basketball isn't the most refined sight to see. Playing effective defense seemed to be a real challenge as players tended to leave their assignment and swarm the ball."
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN)

Is this considered new?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

EA is being smart by not excluding the cheesing element of online gaming. Admit it or not, but sometimes it is just fun to talk **** to your buddy and dribble around him or dunk over him and this seems to be the perfect mode for it.

I actually had an idea about the free throw system that I will put in here because I have had 3 shots of niquel in the past hour and have no idea how I am awake. You know how you have to stop in the blue area to get the FT to go? How about coordinating that blue area with the real FT% of the player? Say you are Jose Calderon (Mr. 98.1%), but you can't seem to be hitting them free throws and go something like 3/7 from the line. How about the next time you get the charity strike, the blue area expands by a couple of squares in each direction to make it a bit easier? On the other hand, if you figured out the timing of D12's release - the blue boxes should get a little smaller. I know there is a FT slider, but most casual users aren't really going to tweak with it; so this might be an intuitive way to help everyone out?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I am totally excited about Dynamic Season. This concept, if it is what they say it is, would be what I've always wanted in a sports game. The No. 1 thing I do with every sports game I've been playing (MLB 09, Madden, NBA 2K9 most recently) is play out the season on my game as it's going on in real life. To be able to play key games and have everything else be exactly what happens in real life is like a dream for the player in me.

The ability to play any team's games and not just one team is the overriding reason I left Live for 2K. I wonder how transactions will play into this.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

"To be able to play key games and have everything else be exactly what happens in real life is like a dream for the player in me."

You're playing with the Cavs. LeBron gets hurt for the season. Now what?

The moment you take control you're changing things. Why play a game if you want it to be what's happening in the NBA? Watch the NBA.

What won't happen, judging from the demo, is superstars on the CPU taking control of the game. Maybe you pick up the Lakers vs Cavs game as the Lakers. LeBron won't have a big night, ever ever ever unless you always guard him.

I just played 10 games in the demo (10 halves.) Kobe averaged 2.8 points on 3.2 shots per game (half.) Don't guard him with your human controlled player, he never goes off for a big game. The Lakers don't look to get the ball to him, he doesn't demand the ball, he doesn't play big even when the Lakers are down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Didn't I say I don't like to play with one team? If someone gets hurt I want that to be reflected in the game. What makes this feature cool is if there's a surprise team, the season will reflect that. That's what's really cool.

I do have my reservations about gameplay and some of the nuances, but they don't deal with stars. The cpu kobe scored eight in the demo. I was more concerned with a Gasol playing like he was in NBA Jam.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"To be able to play key games and have everything else be exactly what happens in real life is like a dream for the player in me."

You're playing with the Cavs. LeBron gets hurt for the season. Now what?

The moment you take control you're changing things. Why play a game if you want it to be what's happening in the NBA? Watch the NBA.

What won't happen, judging from the demo, is superstars on the CPU taking control of the game. Maybe you pick up the Lakers vs Cavs game as the Lakers. LeBron won't have a big night, ever ever ever unless you always guard him.

I just played 10 games in the demo (10 halves.) Kobe averaged 2.8 points on 3.2 shots per game (half.) Don't guard him with your human controlled player, he never goes off for a big game. The Lakers don't look to get the ball to him, he doesn't demand the ball, he doesn't play big even when the Lakers are down.
But he does go off. I pressured DFish a bit and they let Kobe abuse me... I pressured their perimeter and Pau started to post up and popping up on the top of the key. Some games games Fisher tries to shoot his *** off, but AI comes with different strategy approach game to game. They let Kobe bring the ball up and he sets the play or goes one on one, sometimes that results in some quick passes and Ron gets a wide open J or driving lane. There is quite some dynamic in this AI if you ask me...
Old 09-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »