Home

NBA Live 10: Dynamic Season Q&A - JRob vs. Dwight Article Too

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10: Dynamic Season Q&A - JRob vs. Dwight Article Too within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NBA Live 10: Dynamic Season Q&A - JRob vs. Dwight Article Too

ESPN caught up with NBA Live 10 online producer, Garreth Reeder, as they talk about Dynamic Season.

Quote:
ESPN: "Why spend more time developing Dynamic Season mode as opposed to upgrading the game's Dynasty mode? Is there more demand from gamers to play along with the real season as opposed to creating their own season from scratch?"

Garreth: "Last year, Dynamic DNA was a big feature for us with all of the daily rosters and stats, but people told us, while they loved getting all of the updates and all of the changes, they didn't have any way to actually play with it other than a Play Now game or a Quick game. We had a lot of guys saying that they wished EA could merge Dynasty mode with DNA and the daily roster updates. So from the beginning of the year, we had a real desire to deliver a mode that really ties you into what's happening every day in the real NBA season. We're really looking at it as something for the fan of "NBA Live" who is just such a big fan of the NBA that following the games, following their favorite teams in real life isn't enough. This mode gives them a way to play along with real life and change what they want to change with the season."

ESPN's Gamer Jon Robinson battles Dwight Howard in an "NBA Live 10" grudge match

Quote:
"Dwight Howard's muscles flex with the strength of "Fight Night." That's right, why go to the gym when you can train in your hotel room using an Xbox 360?

"What I do is play 'Fight Night,' and after every round, I do pushups. After every knockout, I do pushups," Howard says with a smile as he looks down at his Hulkamania-esque pythons. "That was my summer routine when I was overseas. That's how I stay in shape. 'Fight Night' and pushups. What else do you need?"

I'm talking to Howard at EA Sports' Vancouver studio as we prepare for a one-on-one showdown on "NBA Live 10." A challenge EA threw down, to see whether I had enough game to beat their cover boy, and it was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up.

In hopes of prompting flashbacks to Howard's Finals loss, Robinson took on the Magic as the L.A. Lakers.

I knew Howard would play as Orlando, so actually I spent a week playing my preview build on the hardest difficulty against the Magic in order to scout his crew. I figure I'd play as the Lakers just to get the thought of losing in the Finals back in his brain."
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: New Dynamic Season Q&A

good find!!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

I am still unusre of what happens to injuries if we play a game. Are all played games injury-free?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 28

Great read.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

ESPN: What about the poor Seattle fans. Can you manipulate reality enough to move the Sonics back home?
Garreth Reed: [laughs] It's funny, I was on the boards the other day and this one guy had in his signature, "Depressed Sonics fan". I told him, "You know what, in Dynamic Season, you can play all of those Oklahoma City games and use the Sonics throwback uniforms for every game." You'll still be on the Oklahoma City court, but at least you can have that Seattle feel to it if you want.

It's possible someone else had a similar signature, but this could be one of our guys here.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
ESPN: What about the poor Seattle fans. Can you manipulate reality enough to move the Sonics back home?
Garreth Reed: [laughs] It's funny, I was on the boards the other day and this one guy had in his signature, "Depressed Sonics fan". I told him, "You know what, in Dynamic Season, you can play all of those Oklahoma City games and use the Sonics throwback uniforms for every game." You'll still be on the Oklahoma City court, but at least you can have that Seattle feel to it if you want.

It's possible someone else had a similar signature, but this could be one of our guys here.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

lmao that used to be your signature raydog?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
Pro

No, not exactly, but here is the post I think Iminurbase(Garreth) was referring to.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040193616

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »