Home

NBA Live 10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Review

since live nearly nailed the gameplay this year, they really just have to improve it and the presentation in 2011. i really think next year will finally be the year where the tables truly turn.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice read. I'm tempted to buy this game after reading the good things the reviewer had to say. Sounds like there are two good games of basketball this year.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still confused on which to get...

People say Live 10 is a huge improvement from 09, but they say 2k10 is the way to go...I played Live 08, enjoyed it...played NBA 2k9, loved it.

I was planning on getting 2k10 until I read some of the reviews...
honestly OS, which one is the better game this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Apocalypse
Live 10 gets the nod for me this year. It's been 2K all the way since the Dreamcast but this year, Live 10 is more fun and feels fresh. I've played both full games and 2K feels like the same game with new animations and has become more arcade like which is weird because that used to be Live but not this year.
I liked this write up it was nicely put until D Apocalyspe wrote that 2K is more arcade.. Live is fun to play but its not a serious hoop game.. everyone on that game has handles.. to prove it i want u to play a game against someone not the cpu,,, Get the hawks and use JOSH SMITH... He has the same handles that Chris paul kobe dewayne and EVERYONE else on the game has.. The only difference is they do the moves at different speeds.. LIVe Fun.. Always was fun but thats it.. U will play the game 32 months from now with the same game plan same moves and everything... When I play 2k i learn different things 5 months after game drops. STILL LEARNING... To end this LIVE also is the worst game to bet on because u never know playing that.. someone can hop on the sticks and ISO with a slasher ( LIKE jOSH SMITH) and DUNK on ur head every play... " Arcade 2k WHAT WE TALKIN' BOUT"
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #13
Rookie

joesto54's Arena

OVR: 10
excellent review.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

i don't agree with the score of an 8. in fact most of the reviews that have come out are hovering around the same area. i don't really understand it, because there's so much good in this game, in my opinion, there's no question it outweighs the bad by a large margin. in fact, i'm a huge association/dynasty guy, but this game is so good, i wouldn't even care if there was no dynasty mode at all. i would be perfectly fine with online play, exhibition, and dynamic season. i've never had so fun much playing against the computer, and then taking it online for some sim opponents. i played the same guy about 5 times in a row last night, and every game was crazy. oh don't forget, dynamic season is so overlooked at the moment, it's going to be incredible when the season starts, i'm sure.

so, considering this is the best basketball game i've ever personally played, i don't understand how it could warrant an 8. to me, it's a 9.5, easy

the point - anyone looking for a true simulation style basketball game with incredible gameplay that is very rewarding, should choose live, hands down.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #15
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
I'm still confused on which to get...

People say Live 10 is a huge improvement from 09, but they say 2k10 is the way to go...I played Live 08, enjoyed it...played NBA 2k9, loved it.

I was planning on getting 2k10 until I read some of the reviews...
honestly OS, which one is the better game this year?
It's all preference.

NBA Live is a good game this year and 2k did a lot to improve their game play from a year ago. It's hardly "the same game" -- trust me on that.

If you are a franchise player or enjoy "My Player" modes -- 2k is the hands down winner. If you are just an online/exhibition player -- it could go either way if you are truly unbiased towards either.

I'm just biased towards 2k and feel it to be the more complete package. Live is almost there for me, but the graphics and physics still don't do it for me. The offensive control is fantastic though this year and I think they did a lot to improve the gameplay -- but again, 2k has the best commentary to date in any sports game and it's presentation and NBA Today feature is amazing.

SO to answer your question -- rent both and make a choice. No one says you need to buy one blindly. You may hate 2k and love Live or you may hate LIVE and love 2k...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

i mean, how can a game get an 8, when the AI is playing with real life DNA? every single player in the game plays like they do in real life. there is no rubber band come-back logic. you never feel cheated, only outsmarted. the game punishes you in an intelligent way for making mistakes, and rewards you tremendously for smart plays. this is all 5 star material to me. i could go on and on....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »