Home

Black College Football: The Xperience Review

This is a discussion on Black College Football: The Xperience Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Its awfull gave mine away after 2 games....un-playable
Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Black College Football: The Xperience Review

so, I always wondered..... this uses game uses the Unreal Engine...

I'm wondering if it is possible to mod the PC version with NFL uniforms?

and maybe improve the game in some way, by some talented individuals.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan1
I am 46 years old and a graduate of a Historic Black College. For you young guys on the forum claiming racist these colleges still exist and at one time was the only colleges a good Black player could attend in the South. Only 30 years ago, 80% of your black players in the NFL came from these colleges because the SEC and the ACC only palyed fews Blacks. I attend Savannah State game twice a year and the experience of half time is unbelieveable. It's nice that a software company have given props to these great higher learning institutions.
I love the history of the game and although I didn't see much of those players your refering to from 30 years ago i have older generation male relatives that have supplied me with tons of recorded games of these legends in action.

Great post!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Un-playable"....

Too funny. This game can't and shouldn't be compared to Madden or NCAA. Seems to me many are doing just that. It's obvious who's put a little time and effort into it and made honest observations. BCFX is not without it's flaws. Nor or the other games that put in a TON of financial support and man hours and STILL can't get it right. It's the nature of the human psyche. For those that can't seem to get into it or enjoy it, that's your perogative. I'm curious just how much practice time went in prior to playing your first game. All in all it's a good start/platform for bigger and better things. In the meantime it was $40.00 bucks well spent, when I could have wasted $60.00 on something else.....IMO.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm waiting to try this out from Gamefly. Is the rest of the "Xperience" up to par? That's what I'd like to enjoy. Even though I love football I can appreciate the approach here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah50
"Un-playable"....

Too funny. This game can't and shouldn't be compared to Madden or NCAA. Seems to me many are doing just that. It's obvious who's put a little time and effort into it and made honest observations. BCFX is not without it's flaws. Nor or the other games that put in a TON of financial support and man hours and STILL can't get it right. It's the nature of the human psyche. For those that can't seem to get into it or enjoy it, that's your perogative. I'm curious just how much practice time went in prior to playing your first game. All in all it's a good start/platform for bigger and better things. In the meantime it was $40.00 bucks well spent, when I could have wasted $60.00 on something else.....IMO.
What else would you call a game where you can score on every offensive play and sack the QB on every defensive play?

The CPU just isn't much of an opponent at all, even on the highest difficulty.

To me that makes the single player unplayable.

Unless you like winning all your games by the score of 100 - 7, I don't see how you could enjoy playing the CPU.

The game is certainly fun when a human player is on the other end, but the lopsided CPU games are not something I'd recommend to anyone looking for a football game to play by themselves.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually Weeman33 my "un-playable" response was not aimed at your reply. You were one of the ones I felt took the time and effort and replied honestly. I've not had 100-7 games, but my skills dictate that I could put up some good numbers. I've had good CPU games, but I've had even better human vs human games. My point was and still is, that the game is being compared to other releases, and this is Nerjyzed first attempt in the console arena. I'm not stating that the games that I've had were not flawess. But I am repeating that there are other game makers that for the life of them cannot get it right, and with a bigger budget. I respect your response, as I hope you respect mine. I have no problems getting human competition, and for me maybe that makes all the difference in the world.

Also, I see some of the same flaws in BCFX that's been in other releases and they've been doing it MUCH longer. The bottom line is we all want an honest and flawed free game......if that's even possible.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #24
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
you know I would like to see more games like this keep coming out, improved though. CFL football, Arena 2 football, anything else you can think of. heck make us a customizable HS football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »