Home

NHL 10 Title Update Details

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Title Update Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 10 Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
there is no beserker mode. I think you just suck at the game.
100% not necessary. There are points during games where you kinda feel helpless in stopping the Cpu, especially if you play on Superstar Difficulty. A point where you just kind have to sit back and hope they don't score. Yeah, it's just the Cpu cranking up the pressure, but it seems alot of times when this happens it's near impossible to get the puck out of your zone.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #18
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

First of all, dorismary, please stop filling thread after thread with the same stuff about cheating AI and beserker mode. I have no interest in debating whether or not it's there, but the dead horse has been beaten enough, you (and others) have made your point.

Quote:
Increased speed of passes with Manual passing on.

* This year we added Hardcore Passing (manual passing) that gave you total control of your pass speed and direction. Overall, the new passing was well received but the consensus was that you should be able to pass the puck harder and that the bottom-end speed was too slow. We've increased the bottom-end speed so the passes are crisper and also increased the top-end slightly as well.
Excited to see this one, as I really enjoy manual passing offline. I love being able to put a nice soft slow pass into someone's wheelhouse for a one-timer on the umbrella PP. Hopefully now we'll be able to make a good hard pass as well.

As for the other stuff, the helmet boost slots is good, if for no other reason than matching colors. Also glad to see reduction in tripping of stationary players (that's pretty damn hard to do IRL if you're not trying to) and something to address the bad angle slap-pass deflections. This one has me scratching my head:

Quote:
Improved the ability of defencemen are able to do puck pickups behind them to help defend cross-crease passes.
Obviously a typo there, but even beyond that, I wonder exactly how "puck pickups behind them" is going to work. Seems like this situation should trigger an auto-poke/deflection of the puck rather than a defender gaining control of it.

Anyways, good to see some concrete details and continued post-release support by the dev team.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
100% not necessary. There are points during games where you kinda feel helpless in stopping the Cpu, especially if you play on Superstar Difficulty. A point where you just kind have to sit back and hope they don't score. Yeah, it's just the Cpu cranking up the pressure, but it seems alot of times when this happens it's near impossible to get the puck out of your zone.
That happens in the NHL as well.
Besides- I was more making it a point because he posts that in every thread.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 38

Sorry to all who are offend by the word " Beserker Mode" I heard it alot from Baa7 and it just stuck .
But great news I have some new sliders to addressed and counteract The cpu super boost at key times issue I call it the Lobotomy check um out if you like Pro but there a Allstar Version
Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

Hopefully the goal variety online is addressed. Everyone looks for cross-crease one-timers and fat rebounds because it's very difficult to score on clean wrist shots and slap shots. Makes the game pretty boring when people are doing the same thing constantly.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

If Redshirt is following this thread, i really like what the patch does, but did the problem i told you about got fixed, the problem with Camera "Home Up"/"Away Up"? It doesn't work when playing with 2 uder controlled teams on the same console, it's still alternating.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

As far as the cpu upping the pressure in your end, maybe just toning down the cpu passing accuracy in tuner 1.03 would help, they have to high pass accuracy % to me, esp. when they are in my end.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

How about CPU offensive variety and goal variety.

I'm tired of the yawn fest of the CPU mageticly hugging the boards passing it back and forth to the point.

Make goalie sliders and attribute effect sliders more effective, at the same time less of the ridiculous rebounds on the blocker side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »