Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Feature List

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Feature List within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #17
Rookie

Hoosiers1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EB games has list of features

I agree. Fix those things and I'm in. Those things aren't exactly going to make a feature listing, unless they just said something like "Improved Dynasty", but that is unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8
That's something I've been wondering for a long while.

What we need is;

1. Better sim engine, less upsets.
2. Better individual stats and team stats.
3. Better recruiting. Should be more difficult.

Now in last years game, recruiting was mostly based on school prestige. Problem there was that schools like Temple and some other majors were way too prestigious, so it was guaranteed that you could sign 1 maybe 2 players from top 10. There is no way that such schools could steal players from Duke etc

Also, there were no recruiting battles. This was the best part of CH 2K8. Let's say you're a mid major, you can work on a local 4 star guy, but you had to hope that big schools would give up on him.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Same crap they pull every year. They already had the Live engine available....they just added the two broadcast teams and whalla......NCAA Basketball 10. Broadcasters are silent at moments anyway. I will pass this year. I was tricked long enough with the EA Sports games. Finally just looked at what they were doing this year. Only thing they got from me this year was Madden (which was a first time buy ever on 360) and Fight Night (wish I wouldn't have). Every year, they just keep adding gimmicks that get us hype, but the game is usually the same as the previous year....which makes it get boring really fast. List not impressive enough.....sorry
Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Adding two authentic broadcast presentation elements is pretty darn impressive, especially when you look at its counterparts and how lackluster their presentation is...I'm looking at you NCAA Football.

But in any event, I'm glad that I don't look towards EB games to supply a feature list that makes or breaks my purchase decision. Especially when I have the developer here to interact with.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Whether anyone is looking forward to the game or not; that is a pretty pathetic feature list. No wonder it is three weeks until release and EA has not posted the feature list on their website.

I am not saying the presentation won't be great. But is obvious not much money was spent on the game and it is ncaa basketball 2009.1 instead of 2010.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Good to know that people can determine how great/poor a game is without having played the game, or even read reviews from people with hands on experience. A feature list is all thats needed. And from EB Games of all places.

Hey, what do I need to provide to get this week's winning lottery numbers?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-27-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

That is not an impressive list. Wonder what the dynamic updates will be about?

What concerns me is that this is not an established game by a longshot. If it was already previously feature rich, then a shorter list wouldn't be much of a concern as you can assume most of the previous features would remain.

I am excited about some of the features in the game. Loved the Live demo, and want to try the gameplay out. So far a weak dynasty mode has kept me from trying Live, so I was hoping I could try it out in this game. Presentation as we mentioned is top notch, but I need more to keep my interest.

Something seems off about the releasing of news, but I will just sit back and wait for it and try the demo out.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
All-New Dynamic Updates*—Enjoy a true-to-life college basketball experience as real-life RPI ratings and stats from every Division I school are imported in-game weekly—absolutely free!

I wonder what this is all about? I guess it will just effect Team Ratings and not individual rosters. That would stink naming all 300 plus teams only for them to release updated rosters with numbers for players.

Just a thought
Boom, you nailed it. This leads to HUGE questions/concerns for me now;

a) Of most importance to me - will our edited names and appearances/equipment, etc., be returned to generic defaults upon these EA updates? This could be potentially beyond burdensome! Is there any way they could just apply the rating changes?!? And,

b) will the rpi, reflect changes in player ratings as well? Seems it would have too? Ex. George Mason a few years back? You could change their RPI, but if some players are rated too low in the 50-60 ovr range, then how does it play out.

c) If we edit rosters ourselves will we be unable to play online without getting EA updates? I desperately want names to appear online, but this is sounding suspect in regards to the likelyhood of this happening.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't get it... the OS community routinely rips EA Sports for concentrating too heavily on "back of the box" fluff that doesn't really do much for the sim gamer, yet when the features list comes out and there isn't any "cool" features, they get crap for that too?

Maybe they shunned adding a bunch of new features and modes and instead concentrated all their efforts on improving gamplay and dynasty mode. Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic today, I guess we'll find out soon as more info comes out.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »