Home

NBA 2K10: Association Mode Tips

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Association Mode Tips within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10: Association Mode Tips

Im having a real hard time deciding what to do with association mode. I like the idea of controlling all 30 teams but that seems like Im going to have to do alot of work. Should I do 30 teams and auto everything for the teams Im not going to play with? Would it jus be better to control 10 teams instead of 30?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I control all 30 teams and practically auto everything. I still have the randomness I like, with as little involvement as possible (I let the CPU handle trades, some signings, drafting + scouting, while I do the rest, like hiring coaches and the like). Any stupid trades that I see the PC do, I just undo them.

It really is a great option to have this year.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10
Great write up and will take your advice on controlling all 30 teams to get the best association experience I can ...Thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6
Is there any pro or con for controlling 30 teams. Im really anxious to start my association and these tips might make me finally start.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
I control all 30 teams and practically auto everything. I still have the randomness I like, with as little involvement as possible (I let the CPU handle trades, some signings, drafting + scouting, while I do the rest, like hiring coaches and the like). Any stupid trades that I see the PC do, I just undo them.

It really is a great option to have this year.
Wait, the CPU will still propose/complete trades? If that's so, then OK, I'm all for controlling all 30 teams.

BTW, can I manually scout/train my team's players, and let the CPU handle the other teams? Again if that's possible, then I'm all for it.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Wait, the CPU will still propose/complete trades? If that's so, then OK, I'm all for controlling all 30 teams.

BTW, can I manually scout/train my team's players, and let the CPU handle the other teams? Again if that's possible, then I'm all for it.

I am a bit confused about this myself. I played as all 30 teams and put everything on automated. The computer never once made a trade or signed a free agent?

I've got the game for xbox so maybe the PC version works better.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne13
Is there any pro or con for controlling 30 teams. Im really anxious to start my association and these tips might make me finally start.
besides it makes the game easier for u to cheat and it doent resemble the nba in anyway, its ok i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
I am a bit confused about this myself. I played as all 30 teams and put everything on automated. The computer never once made a trade or signed a free agent?

I've got the game for xbox so maybe the PC version works better.
Hmm..guess I'll have to sim through an association season to see if I get the same results (cuz my computer sure as hell can't run 2k10; I don't think it could run Live 95!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »