Home

EA Reveals December DLC Pack For Fight Night Round 4 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Reveals December DLC Pack For Fight Night Round 4 (Press Release) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #17
MVP

HotSauce2k3's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Patch Announced- Link inside!

No illegal blows when in the stun state is HUGE! Kudos for that.

I also disagree with punishing the boxer for "running"... how are you supposed to use an outside fighter? Oh well. I'll hold off judgment until we get to try it. I just hope these preventative measures were tuned properly so as to not take away realism and actual boxing strategy from the game.

Wow these are huge changes. I'm afraid they may be too little too late though. Many have already moved on from FNR4 because of the very flaws this update will attempt to fix.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #18
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
No illegal blows when in the stun state is HUGE! Kudos for that.

I also disagree with punishing the boxer for "running"... how are you supposed to use an outside fighter? Oh well. I'll hold off judgment until we get to try it. I just hope these preventative measures were tuned properly so as to not take away realism and actual boxing strategy from the game.

Wow these are huge changes. I'm afraid they may be too little too late though. Many have already moved on from FNR4 because of the very flaws this update will attempt to fix.
And see me, I'm the exact oppopsite. I have the game but I've been waiting for them to fix the issues before getting really into it. Man, I hope this is the patch that really fixes this game online.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #19
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

Create Player Updates
- Allow users to duplicate and edit ratings of licensed boxers

This is great news too....finally I can adjust some of the licensed boxers ratings.

Ohio State and USF from NCAA 11
Old 11-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
I'm afraid they may be too little too late though. Many have already moved on from FNR4 because of the very flaws this update will attempt to fix.
I think the 39.99 price drop will help bring people back to the game that got rid of it before.

Patch looks really nice. Being able to edit the real boxers is cool and not getting stuck when the body spammers are hitting you is awesome. EA is doing an amazing job supporting this game. Maybe this could be proof that 2 year cycles do work when done right?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night Round 4 DLC Gameplay Updates Revealed

Brizzo wrote:
Because I am sure some of you would like some more details:

Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet

This is pretty straightforward. Previously, when the boxers were standing toe-to-toe their locomotion speed was slower than when fighting at a distance. We fixed it so that if you are moving laterally or backwards, your movement speed is a little bit faster. The glued feet effect has been eradicated.

Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Part of the glue feet and spammer solution. The boxers do not move as much while punching. Previously, it was too easy to stay in your opponent's chest and keep punching, even when they successfully blocked a punch or two and tried to escape.

Increased the stamina cost when continually punching

Further tuning on the stamina to address punch spamming. When punches are thrown in combination for a certain amount of time the stamina loss increases to approximately 4 times the normal rate and stays that way until the boxer stops punching. The increased stamina loss also takes a few seconds to wear off.

Increased stamina loss when continually weaving

Same as above. If you spam the weave too many times the boxer will get fatigued faster and take a few seconds to recover.

Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement.

As above. Continuous upper-body movement for a prolonged period of time will drastically increase stamina loss. "Spinning" will make a boxer tired quickly for as long as the behavior is maintained and will take a few seconds for normal stamina loss to resume.

Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block.

Spamming high-low-high-low-high-low on the Block will no longer reward the User with a Perfect Block. Once the Boxer's Block Strength drops below approximately %65, Perfect Blocks will no longer happen.

Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent.

This was kind of a pre-emptive decision in anticipation of future "cheese" behavior. With the updates we made to locomotion speed, punching and stamina - we wanted to make sure that a boxer couldn't get his track shoes on, non-stop, for 10 straight rounds.

Stamina loss increases when a Boxer moves laterally or backwards continuously for a prolonged period of time. When stamina is low, movement speed is decreased. It's not hard to box, but its not easy to run.

No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state.

Yeah. We are forcing you to be sportsman-like and only throw low blows and headbutts when you are both feeling alright.

Increased stamina cost of Haymakers

Pretty self explanatory. Throwing more than two in a row now will really tire you out.

Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head.

To be less accurate. Slipping, dodging and weaving is a little more effective. Punches no longer track a moving target the same way they did before. In addition, we increased the default Punch Power setting and decreased the default Counter Window setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I think the 39.99 price drop will help bring people back to the game that got rid of it before.

Patch looks really nice. Being able to edit the real boxers is cool and not getting stuck when the body spammers are hitting you is awesome. EA is doing an amazing job supporting this game. Maybe this could be proof that 2 year cycles do work when done right?
Amazing job supporting this game? the least they could do is try and fix this mess of a game if they're planning on making a round 5...Fact is they released a game that is severely broken especially the online component...they bragged and bragged for months about how much more they did in comparison to the other team and at the end of the day we were still stuck with the same arcade oriented sham of boxing game we're accustomed to getting from EA...On top of that they're now making us pay extra for boxers who should of been on the disc...

You can call me ungrateful for this post but i refuse to give kudos for this...they owed us this patch if they expect us to shell out $60 next time around...If they didn't support the game by trying to fix it they damn well know they were going to lose the community when the next Fight Night comes around...they already lost a huge chunk of it, id on't know what the deal is on 360 but the PS3 online community is a ghost town...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #23
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Was waiting for B-Hop and Holyfield both.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Reveals December DLC Pack For Fight Night Round 4 (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Gotta link? I hope this is true. One of the only reasons this is shelved is the online cheese.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-revealed.html

Quote:
- Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet
- Increased the stamina cost when continually punching
- Increased stamina loss when continually weaving
- Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement
- Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block
- Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent
- No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state
- Increased stamina cost of Haymakers
- Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head
- Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Create Player Updates
- Allow users to duplicate and edit ratings of licensed boxers

Online World Championship Updates
- Improved cheat detection logic

General Updates
- Various Bug fixes
Unfortunately for me, I don't play online. To me, this looks like a waste because they didn't touch Legacy mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »