Home

NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available

According to Ronnie2K, there is a new NHL 2K10 roster update available.

Quote:
"New NHL Roster update is live, with attribute tweaks, and team strategy update."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
2K Sports Producer

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
According to Ronnie2K, there is a new NHL 2K10 roster update available.
As per usual if anyone has any feedback feel free to post it here.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

These are some of the most noticeable issues I've found thus far.

Ryan O'Reilly
is still a 60 overall with 68 potential. He's playing better hockey than Matt Duchene thus far. He's on the Avs 3rd line this season and is a +11. He gets time on the Power Play as well.

Ondrej Pavelec is ready for the NHL this year. Kari Lehtonen is out recovering from back surgery and Pavelec took over the starting job from Hedberg. In 9 games he has a .920 save % and even had a monster game in which he allowed 1 goal in over 50 shots! He's clearly better than a 73 overall. Lehtonen had a second surgery, so Pavelec is going to be the starter for a while and I don't see Kari getting the job back when he returns.

Zach Bogosian Stamina is still a 76 when he's playing 22+ minutes a game this year and he's tied for 2nd in the league in goals for defensemen. He deserves a little boost in offense.

Rich Peverly has been hot ever since arriving to Atlanta last season averaging a point per game. This season he's already got 16 points in 9 games. He was awarded a contract extension. He deserves a boost.

John Tavares
should not have a goat tee.

Victor Hedman should have blonde hair.

Matt Duchene is one of the fastest skaters in the league. 80 acceleration makes him one of the lowest rated amongst Avs forwards. Especially when you consider Tavares has 86 acceleration and he's not even known for his skating ability...Duchene is!

Steven Stamkos deserves a boost. He's leading TB in goals and is tied for 2nd in the league. This kid is the real deal and on pace for 40+ goals.

I'm glad there are more frequent roster updates this year. However, I'd like to see more attribute changes according to who's playing well and who's not. Kopitar is playing well and I noticed he's now a 91 overall, but Martin Havlat is playing poorly and he's still a 87 overall. As mentioned above, Peverly is playing well for the Thrashers so he deserves a boost. White and Kozlov have been struggling, so they should be lowered.

Just my thoughts.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
2K Sports Producer

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhordwell
These are some of the most noticeable issues I've found thus far.

Ryan O'Reilly
is still a 60 overall with 68 potential. He's playing better hockey than Matt Duchene thus far. He's on the Avs 3rd line this season and is a +11. He gets time on the Power Play as well.

Ondrej Pavelec is ready for the NHL this year. Kari Lehtonen is out recovering from back surgery and Pavelec took over the starting job from Hedberg. In 9 games he has a .920 save % and even had a monster game in which he allowed 1 goal in over 50 shots! He's clearly better than a 73 overall. Lehtonen had a second surgery, so Pavelec is going to be the starter for a while and I don't see Kari getting the job back when he returns.

Zach Bogosian Stamina is still a 76 when he's playing 22+ minutes a game this year and he's tied for 2nd in the league in goals for defensemen. He deserves a little boost in offense.

Rich Peverly has been hot ever since arriving to Atlanta last season averaging a point per game. This season he's already got 16 points in 9 games. He was awarded a contract extension. He deserves a boost.

John Tavares
should not have a goat tee.

Victor Hedman should have blonde hair.

Matt Duchene is one of the fastest skaters in the league. 80 acceleration makes him one of the lowest rated amongst Avs forwards. Especially when you consider Tavares has 86 acceleration and he's not even known for his skating ability...Duchene is!

Steven Stamkos deserves a boost. He's leading TB in goals and is tied for 2nd in the league. This kid is the real deal and on pace for 40+ goals.

I'm glad there are more frequent roster updates this year. However, I'd like to see more attribute changes according to who's playing well and who's not. Kopitar is playing well and I noticed he's now a 91 overall, but Martin Havlat is playing poorly and he's still a 87 overall. As mentioned above, Peverly is playing well for the Thrashers so he deserves a boost. White and Kozlov have been struggling, so they should be lowered.

Just my thoughts.
It's cool, these are the kinds of thoughts I appreciate. Doing roster updates is kind of something I'm doing on the side right now, but I'm hoping the more frequently we do them means the less I'll have to go in and make giant changes to the file.

I tried this time to go and make sure we boosted some guys playing well, but with so many attributes and such a large number of players stuff can (and will) always slip through the cracks.

But yeah this is essentially the perfect post for the kind of feedback I'm looking for, and when I get a chance I'll likely go through and address these items the next time we update.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I forgot to mention visors. None of the rookies (Tavares, Duchene, Hedman, Kane, O'Reilly, Del Zotto etc.) are wearing visors when they should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
MVP

Santino's Arena

OVR: 7

Brad May should be on Detroit.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice, the support for this game is getting better and better. Love the roster updates because I would never take the time to do those things and to include team strategy is even better. Thanks 2k.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I really don't know much about hockey,so I really don't know who's hot or cold,or who the rookies are, so thanks for the last few updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »