Home

Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender

As an avid franchise player, I’m always looking for teams to rebuild or improve and develop into Super Bowl contenders year in and year out. So from time to time, I’m going to showcase a team and talk about what I would do to help build it into a team that works for me -- and hopefully for you.

Read More - Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
I have tried to do this with the bucs but it seems like every year my team under performs. I have had a few good drafts and my offense in one of the best in the NFL after 6 seasons. My D Is good also but I just cant find a good mix. I have been 8-8, 9-7, 7-9. I always end up around in the middle every year. (I play 6-8 games a year). i like to do this to see how my team is built compaired to the sim engine. Last year my QB made the pro bowl in his second year so hopefully I am ready to make a run to the playoffs this year.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender

Typical Buccaneers...
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25
You can't really consider taking a team that WAS in the Super Bowl last year, and say that you're building a contender, Bucs or Rams or Lions those are rebuilding jobs. I think when the The Show 10 comes out I'll see if I can turn the Phillies into contenders.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Instead of focusing on a per team basis, why not provide the prime abilities to look for for each position first and discuss why each ability is important? Unless this already exists somewhere? This is something I have looked for / hoped EA would provide for several years and still never found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm playing Franchise mode with the Cardinals too and you have made some very good suggestions. I'm interested in hearing more about how things progress.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 10: Building a Super Bowl Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX1918
Typical Buccaneers...
I know right! lol when I read your post.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Instead of focusing on a per team basis, why not provide the prime abilities to look for for each position first and discuss why each ability is important? Unless this already exists somewhere? This is something I have looked for / hoped EA would provide for several years and still never found.
I agree. This seems something we all just guess at. I saw a great post on how the overall rating is calculated, but what would really help is knowing, for each of our styles, who would be the best fit of players (regardless of overall rating).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »