Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Blog: Dynamic Updates

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Blog: Dynamic Updates within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
Rookie

Hoosiers1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Blog Finally Here

I'm wondering if maybe they came across a problem with dynasty at the last minute. The blog said there would be info, JabStep said there would be info, but yet nothing. If thats the case, no problem as long as it gets fixed. I'd rather hear zero about it and then it be great, than hear something and find out its still bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
I'm confused.
I know they're supposed to create some sort of hype for their game but why would they build people's expectations and give us a blog of 15 lines...

Back in October 10 Sean wrote in a blog " Next time I will be talking about presentation in dynasty and the tournament. Thanks for reading."

Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I know it is not your fault, thanks for the info. Please let marketing or whomever is dictating this lack of information know how terrible it makes the NCAA 10 team look. There has been one good blog on this game, the rest have ranged from scarce of information to embarrassing at best.

Couple that with how the Madden, NBA Live, NHL, Fight Night, and even FIFA blogs have looked and it is easy to see why this game is considered the bottom of the EA sports barrel. Shame.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
Banned

LSUsmitty's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm sorry, but that was a huge waste of time. I know the DEVs take a lot of flack, and I couldnt do their job programming. But good lord, if this is the released feature list, then go back to the drawing board. Seriously, hire some new programmers, start from scratch cuz this is going to be pathetic. Basically all they have improved is presentation, thats it.

If you are going to hang your hat on presentation, then tell the players that is all you had time for, and pray they still buy it. But all this cloak and dagger B.S. has gotten old from EA. I have been a LONG (20 years) time supporter of EA, but this year has put a bad taste in my mouth for the company over crap just like this.

I hate to refer to other companies, but for crying out loud, at least look at how some other companies do it. You are sorely lacking.

Sorry for the vent, but this just rubs me totally wrong. Dynamic updates? Really, who cares?

Take notes on what people are saying on these, and other forums, you hard-headed people.

If you can't do the job, don't buy the license. This method of releasing games with one or two enjoyable features (KNOWING full well what the players are asking for) then releasing an incomplete game, is just not excusable in my book.

If you go back to the forum where you asked the community (Last year) what they wanted to see, then compare that to what you are releasing.......gimme a break.

I could go on, but i'll stop. Good luck in years to come.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #20
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by airblair223
First, LOL at that. That won't sell not one copy of this game. What is wrong with your marketing department? Seriously. Second, can you at least confirm that there is a dynasty?
I heard they removed the mode just to spite you, specifically.

Seriously people. Stop freaking out. You'll be able to read Dynasty Mode reviews in a week when the game comes out. Plenty of people will buy it on release day and complain about all of its faults on this message board. Then you can read descriptions and feedback from non-EA personnel to make an informed decision about your purchase.

Cool your jets and have patience for one more week.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

I wonder if player ratings will be updated? If a freshman turns out to be Kevin Durant will he be updated?

It seems that going "Dynamic" is the wave of the future/present. Seems Dynasty is going by the wayside. In some ways Dynamic Season adds to the longevity and realism of the current season you're in but, Dynasty mode has to work correctly too.

I will not be surprised if NCAA football goes this route too. It would actually be kind of nice to see Matt Barkley be rated higher than Aaron Corp or Mark Ingram be the best running back in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
Basically all they have improved is presentation, thats it.

Game play took a huge step forward and the graphics took a pretty big step too. Go back and play NCAA '09 for reference, it's pretty bad.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I wonder if player ratings will be updated? If a freshman turns out to be Kevin Durant will he be updated?

A) I highly doubt it
B) OS's community roster guys will probably make a more accurate update of that player anyway

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
I'm sorry, but that was a huge waste of time. I know the DEVs take a lot of flack, and I couldnt do their job programming. But good lord, if this is the released feature list, then go back to the drawing board. Seriously, hire some new programmers, start from scratch cuz this is going to be pathetic. Basically all they have improved is presentation, thats it.
Donate a huge sum of cash to EA to pay for more developers' salaries and maybe they will follow your directions. EA just cut 17% of their work force and scratched a bunch of work-in-progress titles due to financial circumstances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »